Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detail of software components impacted after EHP upgrade

former_member290907
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

We are upgrading our ECC 6.0 system to EHP7 and after upgrade we will have to provide the list of components affected due to upgrade to functional & development team . Is there any way we can do some configuration(from SAP BASIS admin perspective) which can provide us the concrete information about component changes after upgrade.

Thanks & Regards

Ashish Hans

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ashish,

For performing upgrade anyhow you are going to generate stack file. While generating the stack file you can see what all component are getting upgraded.

If you have already generated the stack file, you can see the detail information in stack file TXT file which will contain source and target detail of component which are getting upgraded.

Regards,

Anil

former_member290907
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Anil for your reply. I meant the affected programs in system after an upgrade.

Apology for creating confusion.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

You can check this in SAP Solution Browser.

All affected programs will also be listed in SPAU and SPDD. If you are planning to do a sandbox upgrade before you start the actual landscape upgrade, that will be the best starting point for dev & functional team to get the details they are looking for.

Thanks,

Manas

former_member290907
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Manas for your reply.

I am aware of such basic configuration. But I am looking for some kind of tool or configuration which can provide me the exact information regarding the impacted software components. Please share if you have done such thing.