cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catch Weight Management - product type and item type does not match - SAP EWM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

Currently I have an Issue with Catch Weight Management .

I have done all the necessary setting in EWM and eCC side but the document is stuck in IDN - Not Active .

ECC Side Setting : In Material Master --> Basic Data --> Unit of measure --> used option "B" -Parallel Uom (Base unit of measure is valuation unit of measure ) .

Step 1 This when ciffed acts as catch weight management product in /n/scwm/mat1 .

Step 2 : In Storage Tab : it is showing as Catch Weight Product

Logistic Uom : pc . ---> This indicated the product is CW .

Step 3 : In the WPT for inbound I have checked the tab (VAL . QTY  Input REQ ) .

Step 4  : Mapped the Item types from ERP system to EWM.

Step 5 :  Define Item type determination in inbound process

When created the inbound delivery the document is stucked and error is thrown :

" Product Type and item type catch weight relevance do not match ".

Is there any setting I am missing for CW to work .

Please Help .

Thanks

Rohit .M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

katrin_kraemer
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Rohit,

when you want to work with catch weight material, you have to configure the quantity roles and status in the delivery item types in the IMG:

1. Find the status and the quantity offsetting profile in the item type, for example Z_MY_INB_PRD_DLV
  2. In Cross Process Settings -> Delivery - Warehouse Request -> Status Management -> Define Status Profiles, choose your status management profile and remove the flag Inactive for status type DVQ (Valuation Quantity Assignment)
  3. In Cross-Process Settings -> Delivery - Warehouse Request -> Quantity Offsetting -> Define Quantity Offsetting Profiles, choose your quantity offsetting profile and navigate to Assignment of Quantity Roles. Remove the flag Inactive for quantity roles VALQ and VALQR.

Please note that each additional status type or quantity role slightly increases the runtime and the memory consumption. If you are using catch weight only for a few materials, it might be worth to duplicate the item types that are used most to have them once with catch weight capabilities and in a leaner version. You can determine the item types depending on the catch weight properties of hte material in the IMG activity for the mapping of the ERP item types.

Best regards,
Katrin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Katrin ,

Thank you so much for the reply.

Currently working on the  above comments .

As it is standard scenario I am trying to configure , hope the above setting will get it working .

If there is any other setting that we have missed out I will spotlight the same .

Thanks again .

-Sincerely

M.Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Katrin ,

Checked the setting according to your above comments .

All the setting are already configured for the warehouse .

But re-checked to confirm.

Is there and setting we are missing .

Please Help .

Thanks

Rohit . M

Former Member

Hi ,

The issue is resolved .

I did not give the item type : IDCW during the item type determination in inbound process .

Once given , it is working fine .

Thanks for your help Katrin.

-Thanks

Rohit . M

Answers (0)