Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The system did not find a valid bill of material [Message no. V1113]

biplab_das3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I stuck to create a normal sales order via VA01. While I put my own created Material under line Item following the error is coming:

I noticed that Item category also changed as TAP instead of TAN. Could you please guide me how can I fixed this issue and restore the system?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member202646
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Das,

Can you please check the status of BOM? If it is not active, please make it active and try once.

Best Regards

Senthil Nathan K

biplab_das3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Thanks for guiding me. I did not create any bill of material in system.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you don't want to use a bill of material and just want to get TAN as a result, check the general item category group and the item category group in Sales: Sales Org. 2 tab for the material.

Check also if there is customer- material info record created for this combination with a specific usage.

To determine what should be the correct master data to get TAN in OR, you will need to check item category determination in VOV4.

biplab_das3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Veselina,

It was really very helpful and working fine now.

--

Thanks and Regards

Biplab Das

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member

Hi Das

go to vov7 , Item cat check the Bill of Material section .

remove the bill of material determination for your Item cat.I do not have system access right now else I would have sent the screen shot .Kindly let us know if you still need assistance .

Regards

biplab_das3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mr. Kumar,

Thanks for your response. Following the BOM section of Item category TAP:

any changes from above section?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Biplab,

The item category TAP is the reason for searching BOM items for that particular material during sales order creation. TAP has structure scope as "A" which cause the BOM explosion for a particular material in sales order. So if you can change your item category selection during sales order creation then you will be able to resolve your issue. And how the item category is determined in sales order? It is based on order type + item category group + usage + higher level item category = Default item category. So check your order type, item category group in material master. Also check the item category assignment.

Hope it helps you to resolve your issue.

S. Satyajit

biplab_das3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mr. Satyajit,

Thanks for guiding me. Its working fine now.

--

Thanks and Regards

Biplab Das

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes please , remove them if you do not require sales BOM to be triggered.

If you  want Sales BOM to be triggered maintain CS01 record.

Since system is not able to find CS01 record and your Item cat has SD01/A active ,You are getting an information while creating sales order . This information is because your CS01 is not maintained