cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy from Local Member to Store Key Figure

michael_louey
Explorer
0 Kudos

We use local members to perform some look ups and calculations that are suited to Excel (and are not relevant for storing in IBP). We wish to copy the end result of this calculation from a local member to an IBP stored key figure. Is there a convenient way of doing this? The standard COPY operator requires the source key figure to be defined in the planning area model even when it is defined for interactive mode.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Michael,

I had a similar requirement in the past and I placed a button in the worksheet having assigned a macro that was executing the copy from the local member to the target KF (given that KF is editable). After copy was executed user could simulate / save data.

Regards

Alecsandra

sourojit_pal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alecsandra,

I am also having a similar kind of requirement.

Would just like to ask if there is any impact on refreshing time if macros are used in Planning Views?

Regards,

Sourojit

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sourojit,

I think the answer depends if it's expected to be triggered automatically or manually, how optimized the code is.

Recommendation would be to have the user triggering the procedure run instead of being triggered by an event (like workbook opening).

Unfortunately, I cannot help more, as I am not familiar with VBA.

Regards

Alecsandra

sourojit_pal
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Alecsandra

Answers (0)