cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP WM SU Number range with both internal and external

0 Kudos

Hi Experts

We have a business requirement to use both internal and external numbers for SU number assignment.

For some business scenarios, they want the system to automatically assign the internal SU number . For other scenario, they want to assign the external number to the SU.

Is this requirement possible technically ? And if so , how can it be achieved ?

Regards

Gobinathan G

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you give more details around your GR process and explain the scenarios for internal and external SU numbers in more detail please.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you looked at number assignment options 3 & 4 via txn OMLW ?

Cheers

0 Kudos

Hi

Here is the business justification.

The palletizaion data

1000 KG - 1 Pallet (SU type E1)

100KG - 1 bag(SU type E2)

The material is received in pallet , but there are small bags in the pallet. When the GR is done, the system should create the SU # for the pallet. The system should assign the internal number (Range 15000000-15999999) . This SU# will be put away to the high rock storage type.

But they also want to create the identification for the small bags, after the GR. But the SU number will be assigned to the small bags ,only when the materials is moved from high rock to the picking area(fixed bins). The business wants to create the identification (small bag SU#) during GR , but they will manually assign it ,after picking from the High rock.

So the proposal is to print the create and print the Pallet SU, after GR with internal number. And also create to only the SU# for the bags ( Custom program to print and keep the sequence in Z table - External number 16000000-16999999) The SU# will not be created in SAP. Only the physical print out ,which will be attached to the pallet.

When the move the material form pallet (of high rock) to the fixed bin, they will scan the small SU# label (Pre printed during GR) and assign it to the bags and now the small SU will be created in SAP.

Please let me know if the information is sufficient,

Regards

Gobi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is getting tricky as I assume you are running LP21 for replen, converting the TR's and it is at this point that the system generates the E2 SU and assigns an internal number ?

One option is you may have to look at is a custom txn that somehow:

1. Advises the picker that there is a replen required (table LTBK/STATU/BWLVS)
  2. Creates the TO in the foreground thus allowing the picker to scan the pre printed SU number
  3. Follows on with the standard confirmations for that TO ?

Not a brilliant answer I know, but might give you a starting point ?

Cheers

0 Kudos

Hi

You are getting closer to my issue.

Yes you are correct. When i covert the TR to TO , the picker needs to scan the external SU and complete the transaction.

When I try to simulate the same in LT04 and enter the external SU number in the destination SU, I am getting the message "

Storage unit number belongs to number range of another warehouse

Message no. L3210"

I tried with both 3 & 4 in OMLW, but the same result.

If i understand correctly, the SU number assignment is not at the warehouse level, instead client level.

Not sure ,what i am missing exactly. I created separate number range for external.

Regards

Gobi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes you are correct, SU numbers are at client level.

If you want to use external number ranges, do not maintain them as a range even with the ext no box ticked. There is an OSS note about this but I can't remember the number sorry.

Reset OMLW to either 3 or 4, delete 02 and try it again.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Hi

You the Man.

The OSS note is 14881. Yes After I deleted external number range and it worked

Thanks a lot for your support

Regards

Gobi

Answers (0)