cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which SAP System Alias should i use in Task Definition for Scenario (PO&PR_APPROVAL)?

juancarlos_camachogarduo
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

I know that is a dummy question, but i just wanna be sure. In a Central Hub Deployment we have the following SAP System Aliases:

ERP (Back-End)

ERP_PGW (Back-End for approval apps)

LOCAL

Now we are configuring the Task Definition for Scenario (PO&PR_APPROVAL)

My logical tells me that we should set the SAP System Alias ERP_PGW (Back-End for approval apps) instead of LOCAL.

It´s this correct?

Regards!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Why not make a test after setting this system alias to see if it works fine or not.

In my view, for approval apps, the system alias <Backend Alias>_PGW is used.

Regards,

Ning

juancarlos_camachogarduo
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, when all settings are ready i will make some tests.

But for now, it seems that we should use <Backend Alias>_PGW

Thanks

juancarlos_camachogarduo
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi again!

A similar question, when you Add a Services in Activate and Maintain Services (oData´s), Which system alias should i use for Approval MM Apps?

We are configuring the workflow right now, we do some tests soon.

For now, i just wanna know how has it been in your experience?

Regards!

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In case of central hub architecture (front end gateway and back end ERP are separate systems) for all apps other than My Inbox you should select the system alias of the back end system (having Software Version as Default) while activating the OData service(s). So for MM Approval apps you should select the ERP system alias.

You can refer to this nice document which explains the system definition pretty clearly.

juancarlos_camachogarduo
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I see,

When i search the service GBAPP_PRAPPROVAL with the System Alias <Backend Alias>_PGW (the trusted connection)this doesn´t exist...

Instead, searching with the System Alias <Backend Alias> (ERP Back-End) this appears and you can add without problems.

Regards!

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is exactly what I mentioned in my previous post. Use ERP alias for activating OData service(s) for MM Approval apps and only for My Inbox use the ERP_PGW alias.

juancarlos_camachogarduo
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I know man, but My Inbox app is not the Approve Requisition or Purchase Orders App...

Thanks!

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When i search the service GBAPP_PRAPPROVAL with the System Alias <Backend Alias>_PGW (the trusted connection)this doesn´t exist...

Instead, searching with the System Alias <Backend Alias> (ERP Back-End) this appears and you can add without problems.

- if you are seeing this then this is the expected behavior.

What is the exact issue that you have here? I'm confused here.

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So just use the ERP system alias to activate all other OData services.

juancarlos_camachogarduo
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

All works fine with <Backend Alias>_PGW in the Scenario Definition for Approval Apps.

juancarlos_camachogarduo
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ok,

I am using the ERP System Alias, i was confused about using the <Backend Alias>_PGW when you add the oData Services like in the Scenario Definition, but now everything is clear and works fine.

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are using My Inbox app the you have to select ERP_PGW system.