cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP APO-SNP Data Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I was wondering what are some methods of implementing data integration between a production system and a training environment?  I am looking for something that would allow us to apply periodic updates to our training environment in order to keep the data as current as possible to ensure effective training in regards to APO-SNP.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

the main question is, how you would like to use your system for training or testing activities.
Normally an APO System is connected to an ERP System. That means if you like to test  the SNP business processes in your 'APO QA' System, you need also an 'ERP QA' system.

If you answer this with an YES, than you need a system landscape copy (ERP with APO etc.). You can find more detailed information in the SAP note 886103.

Best regards

Michael

former_member584473
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

I agree with Michael, there should be landscape/connectivity defined between ECC and APO systems. Usually basis team does client copies to have production data in testing environment for quality testing periodically as per the business requirement.

Regards

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob

I think you have to keep your training system updated into 2 ways.

1. Technical changes i.e. the enhancement or changes which move to production system also require to move to you training system this you can achieve via creating/maintaining the correct transport landscape i.e. moving the changes to training system while moving to production system. This will allow you to have both the systems on the same page.

2. Data updates :- This is most challenging part to have update data on training system. I am not sure @ how frequent and how big data you would require on training system but best option would be system copy. You can copy production system to training system. You can also copy the subset of data from from production system to training system using SAP TDMS software.

I hope this information will help you.

Thanks

Amol

Sasi2005
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

I agree with Amol. At first you would require to analyze how much important it is for you to have a training system with the latest data. I mean what is the business justification to have the latest data of production in a training system.

If the requirement is only to keep the configuration elements updated in the training system then you need to move the transports into the training system as soon as they are moved into the production system. For any thing related to data I suppose you may have to convince lot of people with good business justification for having the bulk of the production data into training as generally it does not make much sense to have the whole backup of production data in a training system as it costs much money.

Regards

Sasi