cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Data view in the DP Background job (tr. /SAPAPO/MC8E)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear APO Guru,

We change DP background jobs with activity in transaction /n/sapapo/MC8E. Is it possible to change the assignment of "data view" in the DP Planning job. Currently it seems not possible. The fields: Planning area, Planning book, data view, and version (in planning job information section) are greyed-out (not changeable).

Thanks.

Regards,

Mukesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I can see in our SAP internal system (release 713), it's able to change the planning book / data view for an activity using /sapapo/mc8t.
But if you already have action assigned to this activity, you'll get error "Actions already exist - planning book cannot be changed."
If you remove all actions, you can make the change freely.

Best Regards,
Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ada,

Thanks for your reply, It is not about to change activity. It is not possible to change the given data view / planning book or version in the DP background job in transaction /SAPAPO/MC8E. See the attached screen

Regards,

Mukesh

harald_leissl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Mukesh,

maybe you are mixing up TA-codes? Ada and me are writing about TA /SAPAPO/MC8T, not /SAPAPOMC8E (T at the end!).

It is not possible to change in MC8E, because the dataview-entry is just transmitted from the activity (MC8T). And like mentioned, in acticity you can only change if the actions (usually macros) are not filled (delete action-entries before changing dataview).

Regards

Harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harald,

Thanks again for your reaction.

I understood what you mean. I already change the data view in the activity in transaction MC8T, but this change is not transmitted to the planning job. Before I also had the same thoughts that data view / planning book entries in the DP background job are coming from activity. It is easy you may test in your system.

Regards,

Mukesh

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry but no, you cannot change that, since all other settings are based on the planning book / data view you specified. If you check /sapapo/mc8d - create background job, you'll get to know only after you select planning book / data view could you set other settings such as activity, selection etc. As long as you have make those settings to a job, you cannot just change its planning book / data view.

Sasi2005
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

First of all I am not clear why you want to change the planning book data view for the same background job. Just to be a bit more clear, we create the DP jobs so that we can automate some set of specific activities that we need to perform on a specific planning book data view. This is the reason when you go to /sapapo/mc8d for creation of a planning job, you give the job number and name and once this is provided immediately it asks which place you want to run the job i.e. which planning book, data view and version. This is done specifically as you must be aware which areas you want to run the automation. Once this is assigned the cursor is on the activities part of the screen. In the same planning book data view you may want to carry out many automated activities. So once the planning book data view is fixed then you will get the list of activities that has been defined for that particular planning book data view which you later assign so that when the job runs those specific set of activities are run and the relevant data is updated in the planning book data view. This is the whole purpose of it. So in short if you need to make some changes to the job only the activities related to the job can be modified not the planning book data view. If you need to change the planning book data view please create a new job, prior to that please make sure that required activities are created and assigned to the planning book data view.

Regards

Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

Jobs are basically created based on Planning Book, Data View & Version using T-code - /N/SAPAPO/MC8D.

Once job is created "Planning Job Information" can not be changed, which means you may need to create another job for changing "Planning Job Information" details.

After Job creation we can add "Activity" which we want to perform on the selection profile.

And mentioned selection Profile need to be created in Planning Book, Data View & Version before defining in Job.

And as you mentioned activity can be created using T-code - /N/SAPAPO/MC8T.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Sameer Misra

ruchi_das2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Mukesh,

The Planning Area, Planning book, Data view and version are maintained in the activity used in the background job. Use the transaction /SAPAPO/MC8T to make changes to the activity.

Regards

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for your reply. I already tried by making changes in the activity (/sapapo/MC8T), and it does not help.

Kind regards,

Mukesh

harald_leissl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Mukesh,

error message would be great

If you want to change the assignment it has to be done in /sapapo/mc8t. The usual error is (but usually only if we talk about macros in the actions) that the macros inside the activity are linked to dataviews, too!

Solution: Copy the macro from the "old" dataview to the "new" dataview (there is a button in macroworkbench to import from another dataview. Then it should be possible to change activity (or create new one).

Regards

Harald