cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD availability check (buffer between schedule line date and material avail. date)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP is offering a delivery proposal, material availability date is determined fine for both qty's, 1st lot today, 2nd tomorrow.

But in the 1st qty for the schedule line date 2 working days are added, for the 2nd qty only 1.

So in the end, the schedule line date for both qty is equal and no delivery split is created, but it should because of material availability.

Can anybody help me out?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correct,

even if ATP check offers a split, it ends with a single line.

Because the schedule line date in both lines is equal (28.7.).

I don't get it.

SDRQCR21 doesn't help.

Thanks for your assistance.

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

After confirming the ATP Screen (even for partials) it always merges them into one single line with these Dates.

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I could see confirm quantity is 6 means system is confirming 6 qty at once ?? As per your screen it seems whole 6 qty is confirm once.. if something else.. for both schedule line all dates and data are same ?

BTW mean while could you execute Program SDRQCR21.

Thanks,

Prashant Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

DB49,

You are correct, our ATP check is against only planned orders.

These orders are alligned to our "planned Independent requirement" which are reflecting our max. production capacity.

Since both lines do get the same confirmation date, it exceeds my available capacity on this single day. my goal is to handover the sales demand according to the "planned indepenedent requirement".

It shouldn't be necessary to reschedule the production orders, especially since the SD ATP check finds the correct MAD.

Our customers are fine with partial shipments.

It always brings me back to the original question. Why is SAP using 1 day in the first line and 2 days in the second line of the dely proposal?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sebastian,

Hmm.  The statement above implies that your PIRs are 'daily' instead of the more normal weekly or monthly.  My experience in this matter is that it is quite a bit of work to maintain accurate and feasible daily plans.......

Anyhow, if you are intent on matching your sales confirmations to your Planned Independent Requirements, then you should consider using a different availability check.  SAP offers a check against PIRs instead of against supply elements.  This check is standard in certain planning strategies; 50, 60, 52, 63, 74.  You can customize your Availability check so as to use "Check against Planning" under any strategy that uses Planned Independent Requirements.

In this check, the sales orders are confirmed against all un-consumed PIRs. 

Types of Availability Check in Sales and Distribut - Availability Check and Requirements in Sales an...

Finally, the answer to your question

Why is SAP using 1 day in the first line and 2 days in the second line of the dely proposal?

is dependent upon other configuration.  Since you have not answered any of my previous questions, it is hard for me to come up with an answer.

Are you using Transportation and Delivery Scheduling? (it looks like the answer is 'yes' from your screenprints)

If so, are you using the exact same factory calendar for the shipping point, plant, Route, Customer's Unloading Point?

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

no.

my requirement is, that the number of working days (according to my factory calendar) between material availability date and schedule line date shall be the same in both line.

So assuming this buffer in my case is 2 days the system should confirm the customer

4pcs to 28.7.

2pcs to 29.7.

But since both schedule lines do have the same date it does not allow me to split this position.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sebastian,

Which factory calendar are you talking about?

FC for the shipping point?

FC for the plant?

FC for the Route?

FC for the Customer's Unloading Point?

With respect to your other statements, availability check in Sales orders is unrelated to manufacturing capacity. The ATP will confirm against whatever is in your supply plan (or lead time).  Just because your confirmation lies on a single date does not mean that you must manufacture the product on that date.  Many companies in such a case will manufacture and receive on several different days, a bit early, to supply a sales order that must ship on a single date.  You should remember that some customers don't really care about your manufacturing capacity, they may want the shipment to take place all at one time.

If your manufacturing process has capacity limitations, you normally configure those limitations in your planned orders and production orders.  Some companies use capacity leveling to achieve production plans that do not exceed capacity.

Best Regards,

DB49

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sebastian,

Could you share screen shot of schedule line-shipping tab of both line item like below?

Additionally please check Factory calendar of Shipping point, tranportation and route.

Thanks,

Prashant sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

These dates are regular working days in our factory calendar.

My point is, our production can make only 4 pcs on 26.7. and only 2 on 27.7., but not in total 6 on 27.7. (due to capactity).

Since both schedule lines do have the same calculated line date, SAP will merge both line to one (6 with MAD 27.7). So it will exceed my available capacity on this day.

Hope this make my view more clear.

Thanks

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sabastian,

I got your point, instead of given two different date for delivery your requirement is. system should give only one date when material is fully available.

I believe Availability check rule should be A (one time delivery) or B (Full Delivery) to map your requirement. I hope currently it would be BLANK or C (Delivery Proposal)

SD >> Basic Function > Availability Check >> Availability check with ATP logic >> Define Default setting.

Check the setting and let me know it will work.

Thanks,

Prashant Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your Feedback so far.

please see my screenshot. I don't understand, how the Dates in the dely proposal are calculated...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sebastian,

It is not clear to me why you think the above screen is a problem.  Your system has proposed two different Material availability dates.  These have calculated to a single Delivery date.  This should not be considered to be exceptional..

It is common to invoke Transportation and Delivery scheduling to determine the dates within the sales documents.  I will assume your system is utilizing such calculations.

Transportation and Delivery Scheduling - Shipping in Series Sales and Distribution - SAP Library

Plant Factory Calendar, Shipping Point factory calendar, and Route factory calendar (with their holidays) can affect the relationship between Material Availability Date and Delivery date.  Right now I would suspect that one of your MADs attempts to calculate a Goods Issue date that is a holiday in your shipping point calendar.  Since GI cannot be done on a holiday, the system moves the GI date and Delivery date to accommodate.

Best Regards,

DB49.  .

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sebastian,

As per my understanding your issue is related to pick/pack time or could be Transportation planning time. system might be adding 1 extra due to Holiday in calendar for schedule line 1 BUT for schedule line 2nd no holiday occur so system added only one day.

I believe your picking/packing or Transportation planning time would be 1 day.

Please check factory calendars which are assigned to Shipping Point or Route.

Thanks,

Prashant Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sebastian,

I find your description of the problem to be somewhat confusing.

Can you please post a screen shot of the atp check which illustrates the situation?

Best Regards,

DB49