cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing dates intervals

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a set of data including defined tasks with status, locations, start and end dates.

The aim is to have the activies locations and status per date (unique or range).

I would like to filter the tasks by any day for to visualize different charts, including a day between the start and end dates.

How is it possible in SAP Lumira please??

I've searched in the forums and in the help link, and there is no information about this kind of issue.

Today, if I filter a specific day included between the start and end date, Lumira acts as if this task doesn't exist.

I hope this is clear enough.

Many thanks in advance,

Nicolas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

The Lumira custom extension which you mentioned is a good example to achieve the functionality. But you would not be able to extended it to the charts available out of the box.

I can only see this happening by modifying the data at the acquisition or prepare phase. What is the data source and the size of data acquired ?

Thank you,

Varun Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Varun,

Here is an example of the data source:

Date startDate finishOperation
05/01/201608/01/2016Brainstorm
09/01/201615/01/2016Prepare
16/01/201619/01/2016Design
20/01/201620/01/2016Milestone 1

The expected final result would be something like this

DateOperation
05/01/2016Brainstorm
06/01/2016Brainstorm
07/01/2016Brainstorm
08/01/2016Brainstorm
09/01/2016Prepare
10/01/2016Prepare
11/01/2016Prepare
12/01/2016Prepare
13/01/2016Prepare
14/01/2016Prepare
15/01/2016Prepare
16/01/2016Design
17/01/2016Design
18/01/2016Design
19/01/2016Design
20/01/2016Milestone 1

I've been looking in internet about the preparation phase but nothing related about it.

Do you have more information please?

If it is a data base like process (like sql), it should be possible to implement.

Regards,

Nicolas

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

We can use custom calculation ( like if-then-else ) to achieve this pattern. But I would prefer doing this part of the data manipulation in the back-end system itself and get the raw data into Lumira.

Again my question would be, what is the data source and how big a data set are we looking at ?

Thank you,

Varun Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunatelly, I can't provide the full data due to data security reasons, but I can at least define the main specs.

the data source is an excel file with about 10 000 lines in 10 columns like the example above.

Later, this data will be modelized in SAP Hana.

I hope this answers your question. If not, please let me know to be more specific.

Regards,

Nicolas

varunanand
Contributor
0 Kudos

That's the main information I needed Nicolas. I would recommend to make the changes in Excel and later transition it to SAP HANA. Especially if you plan on having a live connection from HANA to Lumira, best practice would limit data manipulation as much as possible in the front end.

Thank you,

Varun Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Varun,

it's very helpful

Regards,

Nicolas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nicolas,

I searched for this on Idea Place

When I did a search, 20 ideas returned

This one Date Range option on Input Control : View Idea closely fits your question; the idea is under review.  I recommend voting for it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tammy for your answer,

I used to have a similar issue on another tool similar to Lumira.

The solution was to iterate the missing dates with a small script in the query in order to have all of them.

I wonder if such solution exists in Lumira.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nicolas - I am not aware of such scripting capabilities, unless you do something with the Lumira SDK - since I am a business analyst, this isn't something I personally would do. 

But quickly reviewing the developer guides for Lumira - at SAP Lumira 1.31 – SAP Help Portal Page - I am not sure what you are asking is possible.  Look at the developer guides in the SAP Help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks again Tammy,

I know it is possible with the SDK because we can already do Gantts charts thanks to the extension "timeline chart" (see lumira-extension-viz/Scrollable_Timeline_Chart at master · SAP/lumira-extension-viz · GitHub)

As developper, I would be able to do it, but if there is any easier solution, it would be welcome.