cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to activate Cache Booster for HCP/FLP only, without abap/gateway

0 Kudos

Hi all,

we want to make sure that the users are using the latest activated version of our apps in the FLP. We have an own environment in Canary. If user have been using older versions, the newer ones are not getting loaded or only defered. I know, that some can trigger the load of the surrent version by using the Actions button in ManageSite -> Site Settings manually. Is it possible to configure cache booster in HCP/FLP like you can do, if you are working with gateway/abap? If yes, how to do this ?

thanks a lot.

best regards

Wolfgang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

The caching you are referring to is browser cache and as you mentioned in your post, you can invalidate this cache by going to ManageSite -> Site Settings ->actions -> clear HTML5 applications cache.

There is no automatic\trigger based way to inactivate this cache once an HTML5 application was updated.

Best,

Sapir

0 Kudos

Hi Sapir,

thanks for answering my question and sorry for my late response. The answer itself is not satisfying. It means, that we have to do a lot of manual work to keep the content current especially during first testing and ramp up. Even later we have to run this task everytime we deploy an new version.

best regards

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

We are working on a solution to improve this mechanism, but it might take some time.

In the meanwhile, I recommend you the following workaround during testing and development:

Work with Google Chrome while its Dev Tools are opened. It allows you to clear the entire browser cache on demand or forcing to the browser not to cache at all.

Best,

Sapir

0 Kudos

Hi Sapir,

I know this option well, but it is not applicable for consumers since we do not want to force them running an app in developer mode. They are users, not developers. 🙂

At the end of the day this lack of functionality drove us to release the app on HCP FLP only, where we have the opportunity to refresh the HTML content after every change and make sure this way, that user accessing the most current version.

Thank you for your always help.

best regards

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

I'm not sure it's what you're looking for, but if you want to make sure that no cache is applied to HCP HTML5 applications, you can add the following in your neo-app.json file:

"cacheControl": [

{

"directive": "public",

"maxAge": 0
  }

]

Regards,

Guy

0 Kudos

Hi Guy,

I want simply to make sure, that a new app version which is activated in HCP is visible for users accessing it via FLP. Using the "invalidate HTML version" functionality does provide this. I simply have to run it manually after every activation.

Is the provided by you neo-app.json entry above doing the same ?

best regards

Wolfgang 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

The cache settings above make sure that cache is never used for your application. See here: SAP HANA Cloud Platform.

Regards,

Guy

0 Kudos

Hi Guy,

thanks a lot for your help.

best regards

Wolfgang

Answers (0)