cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending files to apps (iOS)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Is there any easy or difficult way to send file to the selected user application (>100 users with unique configurations) via SAP Mobile Secure (Cloud based)?

2. For each user need to create their own policy?

3. Where can I read about configuration data formats?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I still need help in resolving open questions.

The important thing is to send file to application from Afaria.

I'm found applacation - SAP Fiori Client.

Using a Managed App Configuration to Define Initial Settings - Mobilizing Fiori - SAP Library

My idea:

1. Application from AppStore downloaded by users

2. Device registration in Afaria

3. For each user sends its unique settings* for application from Afaria.

settings - converted to base64 format files

How can I do that?

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

I would recommend as a good starting point for finding your solutions.

Cheers, Mike

SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was looking for answers to these questions in the following documents:

Getting Started Guide

iOS Application Signing

Mobile Secure Administration Guide

Mobile Application Protection Guide

Administrator's Guide

In Administrator's Guide in Chapter 4.13 MDM Configuration Support for iOS 7 Devices  I'm found link to Managed App Configuration

ManagedAppConfig demonstrates how to implement managed app configuration and feedback support in an iOS application. This functionality allows a Mobile Device Management (MDM) server to push down a dictionary into the managed app's NSUserDefaults for the purposes of remotely configuring settings. Also, feedback (such as critical errors) can be written by the app into NSUserDefaults which can then be queried by an MDM server. This is a powerful mechanism enterprise and educational institutions can use to remotely configure managed applications from a centralized MDM server.

For example, from MDM MobileIron I can send configuration to app's in plist format:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF‐8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "‐//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList‐1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Server</key>

<string>http://www.somecompanyserver.com</string>

<key>Some Dict</key>

<dict>

<key>A</key>

<string>$DISPLAY_NAME$</string>

<key>C</key>

<string>$DEVICE_UDID$</string>

</dict>

<key>Some Array</key>

<array>

<string>abc</string>

<string>val</string>

<string>$DEVICE_MAC$</string>

</array>

</dict>

</plist>

Сonvert any file to Base64 text representation and add Base64 representation to a .plist config as one of the string values allows the administrator to upload any file to iOS device as configuration.

Of course this is only possible if managed application properly handles configuration, translating the representation of the Base64 back to the format that supports.

How this method works in SAP Afaria?

We have mobile products and it is important to us to know, whether we can extend them to devices of users through MDM systems. Some clients request your MDM system Afaria and it is important to us to support it from our party.​