SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Site creation with reference site

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a new site in SAP-Retail, now i do not remember whether i have used a reference site or not. Now I want to update the reference site in that already created site. I have tried many t-codes but could not find the solution. WB02 is not giving any option to update reference site. Please help...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not exactly understand, what you want to achive.

If you create a new site, you can enter a "reference site" manually or it is taken from customizing (linked to the site profile). From this reference site, settings are taken and made during site creation.

If you don't use a reference site, then you have to do all settings manually - which basically is ok (reference site is to speed up the process and to not miss anything).

So, from a data point-of-view, it is nowhere stored in the database if (or which) reference site was used during creation. So, therefore, it is not possible to update the "reference site" for a specific site.

If you want to update the site with settings from (any) reference site, then you can try via "Custominzing --> Copy for plant" in WB02.

Regards

Tobias

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not exactly understand, what you want to achive.

If you create a new site, you can enter a "reference site" manually or it is taken from customizing (linked to the site profile). From this reference site, settings are taken and made during site creation.

If you don't use a reference site, then you have to do all settings manually - which basically is ok (reference site is to speed up the process and to not miss anything).

So, from a data point-of-view, it is nowhere stored in the database if (or which) reference site was used during creation. So, therefore, it is not possible to update the "reference site" for a specific site.

If you want to update the site with settings from (any) reference site, then you can try via "Custominzing --> Copy for plant" in WB02.

Regards

Tobias

0 Kudos

Thanks for the info, it is clear now.

Regards,

Shanthi