Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent order confirmation for third party orders

dipak_kumar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case of third party scenario, I get a purchase request(PR) created and order line is confirmed immediately with order line delivery date set based planned delivery time from material master. This delivery date is reset/revised again based on AB confirmation in purchase order.

I want system should not confirm order line i.e., delivery dates as blank in sales order lines until we have AB confirmation in purchase order.

Any clue, how we can achieve this?

Regards,

Dipak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Why don't you change the logic specifically for third party orders regrading confirmation date ??

S. Satyajit

dipak_kumar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So what do you suggest to change this logic?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipak,

As i can understand your concern is not to send wrong confirmation date to customer for a third party order. You just need to mention an additional check in case of third party order. You can keep the confirmation date as blank for a third party sales order based on your order type or item category or scheduline category.

If it is a third party order and system is sending the information to customer then all details except confirmation date should be picked. It is a check only specific to third party order.

S. Satyajit

dipak_kumar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So you are suggesting to change order confirmation output? Is it correct? What is this additional check you are talking about?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dipak,

Yes, You need to change order confirmation output. I am assuming the same output is being used for other orders also. in such cases you need to give the condition to distinguish between third party orders and other orders.

S. Satyajit

dipak_kumar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thinking not to change order output.

Ours is a kit based business process.

Somehow if we prevent ATP confirmation we can achieve non confirmation for third party order scenario.

I understand in third party case, this ATP is nothing but forward scheduling. Some how with user exit if we avoid this, we get non confirmation.

Any clue, suggestion are always welcome.

Regards,

Dipak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Without scheduline PR for third party sales can not be generated.

But i do not understand why you want to update the scheduline date in a third party sales order when you do not create a delivery for the same. In stead you can refer PO for the AB confirmation date.

S. Satyajit 

dipak_kumar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My intention is to get PR, but leaving delivery date as blank. This way I will not send wrong information to my customer that order is confirmed. Now I send wrong information via order confirmation but actually order line is not confirmed/delivered yet  as the PR which is going to be converted to PO yet to be delivered by vendor. So until that PO is delivered / confirmed via AB confirmation control I want to keep the delivery date(schedule line tab) in schedule order line as blank.

I hope I am clear.

Any clue?

Regards,

Dipak

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a blog in SAP ERP SD Sales on enhancements in Third-party processing.

I did not have the chance yet to test them - we are currently upgrading, but I suggest to check out the new functionalities explained there.

They look very promising, especially D6801 seems to be what you are looking for.

dipak_kumar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you!

I would appreciate if you can share me the exact link and especially about D6801 as you stated as I am not able to locate this.

Thank you!

Regards,

Dipak

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try to search the forum with criteria D6801?

You can't miss it, it is just one result

Enhancements third-party as criteria will show the blog as the most relevant result.

dipak_kumar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I checked this enhancement, but unfortunately we are on 604 means enhancement pack 4 so this won't help. Any other enhancement do you suggest?