Connecting two ECC systems in different landsape
I have a requirement. I have two different landscapes.
Landscape 1. ECC 1 is connected to SAP PI through proxy
Landscape 2 ECC 2 is connected to SAP PO through proxy
Both are in different DMZs.
The requirement is to have two asynchronous interfaces to be developed from ECC 1 to ECC 2 through either SAP PI or SAP PO.
What is the best possible design? I am planning to use SAP PO as the midleware
Bhavesh Kantilal replied
Considering you have 2 separate ECC Servers in separate DMZ and corresponding PI / PO Servers, the recommendation would be to implement a Federated Architecture of PI.
Note this image is from a standard SAP document and not my creation
What this means is :
- ECC 1 --> PI --> PO --> ECC2
- ECC1 will continue to talk to PI.
- The PI Server will then connect to the PO Server and push the data to the same.
- You may use a SOAP With XI Adapter or a Plain SOAP Webservice Adapter
- Recommendation from SAP is to use SOAP With XI Adapter.
- The PO Server will then push the data to ECC 2.
- Which PI Server does the mapping depends on whether you have a generic canonical model in play or else leave it to PO considering it is on the latest version.
- The idea behind this mode of approach is you will only have one firewall hole and data will flow between 2 firewalls only via PI Server. Something Network Architects will love.
- This will also make sure that your Integration Lanscape is better governed where you are not wondering whether ECC is connect to which PI etc as the rule of thumb that it always connects to PI will hold true..
You may read a extended article on this model here : http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/50c01be4-29d9-2d10-36b0-f1cc38839c20?overridelayout=t…