cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to control field in sales order header tab account assignment?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Peers and Mentors,

I currently confused about the tab account assignment in the header of

as you can see in picture, in the free good, there is a field cost center appear in there.

I want to ask, how to control what field appear in there ? for example i need to have field internal order in there?

I have done some digging, and i found out that between the sales order and free goods, the field is different because of the sales document category in the order type. for sales order they are C, but for free goods it is I.

I read in the forum that sales document category is pre defined by SAP, and cannot be changed. if that is the case, is it also the same with the field that appear in tab account assignment is also pre defined by SAP and cannot be changed to suit our need?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

you are right in standard KOSTL is shown only for SD document category = 'I'.

Here is where the check is done:

In include RVVBTYP vbtyp_kl is set to 'I'.

It is possible to override the standard SAP behavior by adding your logic in MV45AFZZ - userexit_field_modification - if you wish to make it visible and editable for other document categories/document types etc.

You will need to ensure that your process will work correctly end-to-end.

Just to make things easier for you in the future, instead of digging out the reason why certain sales order fields are visible/editable or not, you can refer to sap note 208245 - Availability of fields in sales orders. In most cases it takes a couple of minutes to find out why a field is hidden, grayed out or editable with the methods described in it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply Veselina.

Wow, i didn't think that you will debug the standard program. I have read the SAP Note, and it's really helpful for knowing how the field will be available or not.Thanks for that.

So i think we can assume how the field appear or not is triggered by standard SAP program behavior, and we don't have configuration in SPRO to control it.

According to your suggestion, we can use enhancement to make the field appears, but then i really need to do intensive testing, to make sure that everything is okay by making that field appear, what i am also afraid is i don't know how to check the information flow that go to controlling document, is it correct or not, so regarding this, i really need to think this thoroughly.

Anyway, thanks for your answer.

Answers (0)