cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audit Log in Message monitoring

former_member354078
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All, I have gone through all the pipeline steps in message processing in sap PI 7.4, but i would like to understand exactly what is happening when i see in logs:

Trying to put the message into the send queue

Message successfully put into the queue

The message was successfully retrieved from the send queue

Message status set to DLNG

I can see sequence of such four logs after each step like calling module processor ,validation,Mapping execution, delivering to receiver channel

can anyone help me to understand, why above logs are generating.

Thanks,

Shiv

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello shiv,

In simple words it is the sequnce in which incoming message is processed in PI.

module processor-If you have any module to be validate(Ex:PGP decryption)This will happen in this step

validation-XML will be validated against Schema if the option is enabled.

Mapping execution-Mapping program will be executed in case of any message structure transformation.

delivering to receiver channel-Final step where the message will be placed in the channel to deliver to the target system.

More details in the below link

Message Processing at Runtime - SAP NetWeaver Process Integration - SAP Library

former_member354078
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Raghu,

Thanks for your reply!, i am aware of these pipeline steps module processor-validation-Mapping execution-delivering to receiver channel, but i would like to understand what does below logs,

-=-=

1.Trying to put the message into the send queue

2.Message successfully put into the queue

3.The message was successfully retrieved from the send queue

4.Message status set to DLNG

-=-=========

why they are appearing for many times and what is role of Messaging system ?

Thanks,
Shiv

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shiva,

In PI Messages are processed in Queues and this is were messaging system comes in to queue.

Once the message is received it is assigned to queue that's why your getting these messages.

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shiv,

Possible reason of multiple occurrences of log entries indicates message put / retrieve from a queue, may be message staging being enabled for multiple pipeline steps (either globally for the Adapter Engine or only for a specific scenario). As mentioned in the blog and PI/PO Performance Check Guide (see SAP Note 894509), for every staged version, the message is put back to a queue, and then retrieved for further processing.

Regards,

Vadim

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member354078
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Klimov,

Thank you so much for your reply!

Actually issue is, i can see there is 6 hour difference between below two logs,

1.Trying to put the message into the send queue

2.Message successfully put into the queue

after six hours of time

3.The message was successfully retrieved from the send queue

4.Message status set to DLNG

so, i want to understand why this gap of six hours taken, to retrieve message from send queue.

Thanks,
Shiv

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

Can you please check backlog of the dispatcher queue and corresponding adapter consumer threads utilization for time period when this delay is observed? For example, if you have Wily Introscope configured for the PO system, it provides this kind of metrics and historical outlook at them.

Regards,

Vadim