cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I link Interactions to Products?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I have some questions related to interactions and products.

First of all, I'm using CSV upload and I cannot change the way of importing data into Hybris.

I have successfully uploaded Product Categories and Product (following the template) using the import button of Data Management > import data.

Then I would like to import also e-commerce interactions into my system.

Following the template, I used as IA_TYPE >  SHOP_CHECKOUT_SUCCES and as  COMM_MEDIUM > E SHOP.

I added some columns (without creating the fields on the front end) related to the products (CATEGORY_ID; DESCRIPTION; PRODUCT_ID; NAME) and the field CONSUMER_ACCOUNT_ID.

Moreover, I have put information into the column "AMOUNT".

When I check the interaction from the workset of the interaction contacts, I cannot find any of those information (amount and products).

How can I link interactions to products?

Thanks

Cristina

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabana_Ansari
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Cristina,

We don't support importing of Interactions including Products via CSV as csv uploads deals with a flat file.

To upload Interactions with Products you have to use either oData Interface or RFC function module.

You can find more details in the Data Management Upload Interfaces guide at help.sap.com/cei in the chapters 6 and 7(dealing with oData and RFC).

Thanks

Shabana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.. I knew that. Thus, I need to move to odata. It's quite hard for me, I have thousands of CSV files.

Anyway, I tried with odata following the guide you suggested. Where do I see (from the frontend) the information related to the bought product? I still see only the same details I posted above.

If I check the table CUAND_CE_IA_PROD, I see the products.

I have a second question about products. If I upload products via csv.. which is the table in which data are stored?

Finally, I add some fields in the section "import data" but it seems that I cannot upload the contact: for example: if I add the field boolean1 and I create a json file for the contact interaction (following the one of the guide) and I add boolean1:true, it gives me errors:

<Error_Resolution>

<SAP_Transaction>Run transaction /IWFND/ERROR_LOG on SAP Gateway hub system and search for entries with the timestamp above for more details</SAP_Transaction>

<SAP_Note>See SAP Note 1797736 for error analysis (https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1797736)</SAP_Note>

</Error_Resolution>

Do I have to enrich the table from the gui?

Can I use odata and Python?

Thanks,

Cristina

nicolae_ciumac
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Cristina,

You might want to consider something like JMeter (Apache JMeter - Apache JMeter&amp;trade;) for reading a .csv file, parsing it and mapping then to an OData payload.

Regards,

Nico

former_member183196
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I agree with Nicolae.  You need some sort of middleware to call the OData service(CUAN_IMPORT_SRV) and pass the interaction with products in hierarchical fashion.  The middlware helps you to map and transform the source data into the format that is acceptable to the source.  The middleware can be SAP Data Services for SAP Hybris Marketing which is really an ETL tool that can handle various fie formats, connect to various legacy systems/protocols to Extract, Transform and Load data. 
For more info:  http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-61065

Shabana_Ansari
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Cristina,

Regarding your question of display of Products, we don't display the Products in the Interactions facet of the Contact factsheet by default. However in the Commerce facet, we display the products bought in the Buying History section. These are all Products which are a part of the Interactions of type SALES_ORDER. If you need the products of another Interaction type eg: SHOP_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS you have to use standard HANA view extensibility to enhance the views.

Regarding your question on csv upload , once you upload Products in csv upload they are uploaded in the CUAND_PROD_ROOT and related tables (please see BOBF BO CUAN_PRODUCT for more details). The Products uploaded here are Master data and then you would need oData import anyway to uploaded the transactional data (i.e.Interactions).

Thanks

Shabana

Former Member
0 Kudos

What about if the CRM is not SAP? What should I use as Middleware?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christina,

The recommended solution to connect Non-SAP systems to Hybris Marketing would be to use Data Service

BR,

Janusz

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you need the products of another Interaction type eg: SHOP_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS you have to use standard HANA view extensibility to enhance the views.

What do you mean? Please explain me the steps to follow

Shabana_Ansari
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Cristina,

Since release 1602 the Buying History is calculated in the view "_SYS_BIC"."sap.hana-app.cuan.contact.internal/CA_C_CONSUMER_LOCAL_BUYING_HISTORY" .  The steps to extend the view are described in the extensibility guide at:  http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/012002523100007329212016E/ Chapter 1: Extending the Data Source and Business Objects.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer. I copied the view and I removed the filter. I ran also the transaction HPA_CLEAR_BUFFERS, but I can't still see the modification.

Once I copy the view and I do the enhancement, how do I tell Hybris to get the new custom instead of the default one?

(For segmentation it is quite easy.. but for this case?)

I added also two new fields to the include INCL_EEW_CUAN_CE_IA_PRODUCT and I'd love to see them on the frontend. Any suggestion?

Thanks again,

Cristina

Answers (0)