cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure document delivery for two diff delivery type?

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm a technical guy. I want to know bit of functional.

In va01 sales order is created with 2 items. one item category is KLN and anthr item category is RENN.

after creation of sales order, in transaction vl10a  delivery is happening for only KLN  not for RENN. i found that in vov8 document delivery type is

only kln. Is it possible to add one more document delivery type for RENN

Regards,

Narendra.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Narendra,

Delivery type is assigned to order type, not item category type. As both KLN and RENN item categories are entered in the same sales order, this part is actually alright.

Your problem might be that copy control customizing for RENN item category from your order type to delivery type is not maintainted. You can check from t-code VTLA, to your delivery type from your order type, in item level. There is probably a row here with KLN, but not with RENN.

Another reason might be that this customizing is maintained, but RENN item category's schedule lines are not confirmed for today. You can check from table VBEP.

0 Kudos

Hi Bilgin,

Is it possible to maintain two delivery types ex LF AND LR  for sales order

Regards,

Narendra

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is possible to customize copy controls from one order type to many delivery types, but it is not possible to assign both in order type customizing; only one can be defaulted. What is your requirement, why would you want both LF and LR for your sales order type? Is it about, for example, defaulting a different delivery type for a specific item category type? (Just guessing here) If that's so, it can be made, but only with development.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good point raised by Mr TW.

KLN & RENN will never be mixed in one delivery with standard settings.

Once again-Thank you TW for correcting us..

i was just blindly reading this thread without applying of thought..

Phanikumar

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Phani,

Thanks for your comments!

An important takeaway is that when we talk about processes - is x process possible?

We need to do a quick mental check on 3 levels - sales document type, item category and schedule line category.

This thread asks about an item category but our mind should check the 3 levels in that particular sequence i.e. 1.sales doc type, 2.item category and 3.schedule line category.

If initial assessment is YES, then go into details of setup (copy control etc.)

Another important field is Returns at item category level -

Those item categories which have this field activated cannot be included in the same process as the item categories in which this field is blank.

TW

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Narendra,

You need to create two orders, and  ineach of these orders, you can have line items for KLN and for RENN respectively i.e. one order can not have both line items.

With KLN you want to send goods to the customer and with RENN you want to get the goods from customer back to your company; this cannot be included in one order.

There are different sales document types for each of these. Each of these order types have a different SD document category and this doesnot permit to combine both.

TW

former_member290220
Participant
0 Kudos

RENN is order related billing, Please make sure Billing relevance in item category KLN and RENN as Same. As SAP standard for RLN no billing relevance and RENN as B- order related billing. Please make both are same.

You can check from t-code VTLA, to your delivery type from your order type, in item level. There is probably a row here with KLN, but not with RENN.

Regards,

Siva

former_member183501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. Did you check in schedule line category of RENN that system has confirmed the required material qty in current date?
  2. If, system has confirmed the material qty then have you checked the copy control for that item category in VTLA?
  3. Also check the Item category determination for delivery type.

Please revert with your findings.

Regards

Kamelsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Two things you need to configure

1) copy control for sales order to delivery type (VTLA) both the item categories need to be maintained.

2) In  item category determination for delivery you need to maintain item category for the combination of delivery type & item category group.

S. Satyajit