cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Personas 3.0: Embed transaction screen in a group control?

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume this is not possible but I would like to be sure with the community help. I think it could be a cool feature.

I would like to show a very simple transaction as a "popup" screen called from a button. Something like this:

1. The user is in transaction 1

2. The user clicks a button and a new popup (group control) is now visible.

3. The user enters the parameters and clicks submit button in this "popup"

4. The popup shows the result of the execution (error or success).

5. The user can now close the popup or go back to its selection screen.

Regards,

Marçal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192584
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think this is possible through scripting and html viewer. you can create a popup in the html viewer to enter data and when clicking submit button in the popup you can update the fields in transaction 1, with the help of events in personas you can check weather the fields are filled and run the process and show the result as a popup same like before have a close or back button to display the previous popup for entering data.

I am working with the same logic but with different scenario and use case, guess this is what you were asking correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Regards,

Vigneshkkar

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vigneshkkar,

Are you embedding a URL to the same sap system but different transaction in a HTML viewer? Or how are you doing it? It seems quite interesting proposal, I will give it a try and see if it can be the correct answer.

former_member192584
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried two things,

1.Getting all the input parameter in the popup and doing the process in transaction and displaying back the result in popup.

2. Embedding the transaction from same sap system but different transaction and running the process.

Both works for me .

Regards,

Vigneshkkar

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, first option is not valid for me because as I said I need to have a drop down with values that I can't get in Personas 3.0 SP02. But the second one seems valid. I'm only afraid that the user may have the limit of sessions open and the popup may not open in this case. I will have to consider.

Thank you.

former_member192584
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, the user must be able to open atleast two sessions.

All the Best.

Regards,

Vigneshkkar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you should be able to achieve this look & feel using Scripting. But you will not be able to pull the actual fields to your screen.

Use a script to execute your transaction fully automated, copy any values you want to show into variables and populate these into custom fields after the execution is complete.

Available training documents show a lot of samples how this is done, you'd just not start from the SMEN menu.

Hope this helps!

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Merten!

It sounds like a valid answer. Unfortunately I created this other transaction to show a dropdown list of values in the selection screen that I couldn't achieve dynamically in Personas 3 SP02 (see this question ). So I guess even your solution works it doesn't suit my specific case then.