cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colors in the planning views

Former Member

Dear community,

Would anybody have the pleasure to inform me about how I can put different colors on "blocks" rather than on key figures specifically?

For example, the above picture demonstrates 6 blocks. Is it possible to give different colors to each one of these?

Thank you for your time

Kind regards

Vasilis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sourojit_pal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vasilis,

I am not sure about putting colors in different blocks but Excel Add-in provides a powerful formatting tool - EPMFormatting Sheet. You can try this out.

You will find this option by folllwoing path-> Click on drop down beside Edit View->Select View Format

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sourojit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourojit,

Thank you for taking the time to answer to my question

Indeed I tried with EPM before but I didnt find the way. EPM is not that handy as somebody would imagine

Thank you once again

Kind regards

Vasilis

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Vasilis,

Perhaps you could achieve this requirement using excel functionality - conditional formatting in the context of EPM.

I had a try and managed the following:

EPM Formatting Sheet -> Hierarchy Level -> Row -> Default Format -> Conditional Formatting from the excel ribbon Home group

In the conditional formatting i tried to use a formula that generates sequences of 1,1,0,2,2,0,3,3,0,4,4,0 etc based on the row number

Then i conditioned the color based on the number, when 4 pick green, when 5 pick pink etc

I assume that with good excel skills or with a considerable amount of google search you could achieve also your requirement...excel is the limit in this case

Cheers

Alecsandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alescandra,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to try such a thing.

Indeed it should work for me like this!

Kind regards

Vasilis

Answers (0)