Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport request does not contain any changes

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Is it possible that a transport request (TR) is generated but it does not contain any changes?

I created a TR in Dev client some times back and ported it to Quality and the changes (which I feel were there) were working fine in ECT. Recently, we refreshed quality system (from production) and re-imported TR's to quality system and now if I see that TR, I find no changes/change objects within that TR. Is there any reason for it?

Or it's a bug?

Kindly Suggest!

Best Regards

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any more pointers please?

Thanks

Private_Member_69416
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Have you tried with U option: "Import Transport Request Again" ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Saurabh.. Just read u re-imported the transport as well.

Are there any transport logs.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mili,

In Dev I could see its log. Almost all logs say "successfully completed" except  2 places where it "ended with warning"

Br

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

And you are not able to see any changes in Q right even after re-importing. Have you tried creating a new transport request and transport it again.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After re-importing no any objects are ported to ECT.

I created a new TR and then ported and that worked. But still why such confusion happened with old TR?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh, U said that u changed a role and brought to Quality system. Were the same changes imported to Production system. If no, then during refresh u copied it from production which will overwrite the changes you have done to the roles.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any pointers on the same please?

Thanks

Saurabh