cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group operator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear community,

Would anybody have the pleasure to answer my following question.

The SAP configuration guide for IBP 5.0 says that there is no forecast operators that can be added to a group operator.

Would you plesae have the pleasure to tell me a trick of how to execute a coppy and a forecast operator the one after the other, by clicking only on one button?

Thank you very much for your time

Kind regards

Vasilis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

You are correct Vasilis

IBPFORECAST operator type does not have planning operators that can be added to a group operator, since it uses the concept of forecast models

One work around is to schedule these jobs one after the other 🙂

As is stat fc would be run on a weekly or monthly basis and the jobs would be scheduled?

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Vivek for your reply.

But if I schedule them then how do I make sure that only if the copy operator is successfull to then run the stat fcst? Because otherwise, if copy is not successfull and then the stat fcst run, my results will not be the appropriate.

Thank you once again?

0 Kudos

Hi Vasilis

Thats a good question!

I dont think we have a "if" that is,  if this job fails don't run the other yet. 

What I would suggest is to test the jobs few times, and if they don't work as expected you may need to create a OSS message.

Create 2 jobs.

1. - Copy at 2:00 pm for example.

2. - StatFC at 2:15 pm assuming the copy is quick.

Hopefully this should do the trick.

Vivek

anna_linden
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vasilis,

in IBP 6.2 we enhanced the Application Jobs so that now, also own job templates and job chains are possible. That would solve your problem:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ibp62/helpdata/en/54/a53257776bbb22e10000000a44147b/content.htm?frameset...

Until you are on this release, you would need to follow Viviek's approach however.

Best Regards,

Anna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Anna!

Answers (0)