cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom declaration using SAP ECC or SAP TM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using SAP ECC and SAP TM (Shipper Scenario) along with SAP GTS. Is it better to generate export custom declarations in SAP GTS through Performa invoice in SAP ECC or it should be created from Freight Order, as SAP has provided the standard integration between SAP GTS and SAP TM.

What parameters I should consider to take this decision?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ramakrishna,

For customs declaration in GTS,you need to fallow below main settings which are mandatory.

Point 1--ECC---Switched on for SD0C

Point 2--GTS----Maintain legal regulation ,activate L.R,

Point 3---Mapping required for GTS SO--GTS SO,Item category mapping.

Pont 4---Maintain Numbering schema and assign this numbering schema to LR.

Point 5--Define technical medium for message of general documents  ( Print/electronic )

Point 6--Define message scheme and communication with customs.

Point 7--Control setting for communication process.

point 8--Define determination of activity sequence.

Please let me know further help on this.

Thanks

Venu gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

It seems, my question was not clear to you. I had asked if we have both the systems i.e. SAP ECC and SAP TM (shipper scenario) integrated with GTS, which system I should use for declaring the Export Custom Declaration?

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ramakrishna,

Always use ECC system for export declaration.

Dear Experts ...Comment on this...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am not quite sure if you have already found your way.

its very difficult to say which one is better without knowing your business scenario.

However, I have worked on both the scenarios and below are the few key things you have to consider.

Do you know which system will be used to generate the BOL/Packing List ?

if you are going for complete automated solution now or in the near term it will be good to use TM-GTS for triggering export declaration otherwise you can go with GTS.

if you are going to efile - then GTS will be able to send the ITN back to TM via standard service which will be further used in GTNexus/any system you use for your bookings.

Also, wanted to let you know, if you will have to do the SOAMANAGER configuraiton to activate the services between TM and GTS.

Please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards

Rajesh

sachink_ahuja
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for your response. I need your small help in the Customs Management area also.

We are using intercompany billing scenario.

i.e. Customer is in Switzerland, Selling Company Code is of France and Delivery Plant is Italy.

So  in the sales order, Sales Organization is of France and Italy delivery plant would be there and Customer is of Switzerland.

As the export will happen from Italy to Switzerland. but in the sales order ,company code is of France.

Performa Invoice will also have company code of France. Because France will raise invoice to the customer.

Now in GTS for customs Management, Legal Regulation is determined based on FTO i.e. company code.

Because Export will happen from Italy, so Italy legal regulation should be responsible for Customs Clearance.

But in the above scenario, legal regulation of France is getting determined. How to handle this scenario?

Please help!!!. Is it possible for you to share your contact number? I will be highly thankful to you..

Thanks & Regards,

Sachin Ahuja

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sachin,

It seems you are dealing with plants abroad situation.

Based on the above description I see you are using ECC to trigger the declaration not the TM.

you need to do an enhancement to determine the right FTO.

If France Entity owning the plant in Italy with FR VAT No?

you can define some dummy company code - like FRIT - and map your FTO as FTO_FR10IT - Plants abroad for France Entity - IT in the FTO represents which country this plants abroad belongs to.

Now - you need to put the customs code in a BADI to determine the transaction flow and change company code to FRIT when the document flows into GTS.

you might also need to change couple other fields on the declaration - you can use header data proposal BADI to do this.

If you are using TM - you have to deal with with Responsible Org and Processing Org Business Partners.

Responsible Org - is nothing but your selling entity

Processing Org  - is nothing but the Plant business Partner

Once you get this info into GTS - you can determine the company code based on the transaction flow and reflect the company code you want to see.  Thanks.

Regards

Rajesh