cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP to RFC scenario , getting a blank response.

former_member355445
Participant
0 Kudos

HI All,

I have a scenario, SOAP to RFC synchronous. this interface is running from 1 year successfully. but intermittently we are not getting the response. I mean PI is getting the response from RFC and shows the status as delivered  but Application is not getting the response. this issue happens only when the response time is greater than 2 minutes. but we have a default time out of 5minutes.

can you please help me on this.

Thanks,

Vinay.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vinay,

Response is coming from RFC and its not getting updated and timeout seems to be 5 mins, So this could be because of application as it seems to be delivered from PI as well.

Just for confirmation check the points mentioned by Apu.

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Did you check in message monitoring?

As per my understanding there might have 2 possibilities-

1. Your target system is sending blank response itself.

2. The response is coming from target end properly but somehow your PI response MM is not creating the structure properly / creating blank response.

Can you please check these 2 and come up so that we can suggest further.

Thanks,
Apu

former_member355445
Participant
0 Kudos

1. it is sending the response , I can see the response XML

2.it is executing the mapping also and say the message is delivered in PO logs. but application or SOAP UI is not getting the response , if the response time is more than 2 minutes

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vinay,

Try the sync timeout parameter in the soap channel

Setting a Channel-Specific Timeout - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

former_member190293
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay!

You can try to set timeout value in your sender SOAP adapter by setting parameter XMBWS.Timeout for standard SOAP adapter module and check if it helps.

Regards, Evgeniy.

former_member355445
Participant
0 Kudos

it is already set to 5minutes , but I am getting the response from RFC and my PO logs shows that it is delivered.

Snavi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

check the timeout settings in SOAP client application , your client might be getting timed out before the response is actually delivered to the source.

former_member355445
Participant
0 Kudos

we have a default value of 5 minutes, and my log shows that the response message is successfully delivered.

Snavi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

you may have timeout 5 minutes in PI, but you need to ask the SOAP client application (i.e the application initiating the SOAP request) to check their timeout settings,

If the client application times out before PI delivers the response message. you still see the logs as delivered but the client application has never received the response message

you can test this in your quality system using SOAPUI,

by the way, what is the SOAP client in your scenario

former_member355445
Participant
0 Kudos

i tried with SOAP UI , the soap UI is giving the error before 5 minutes , as I have set the time out in SOAP UI also for 5 minutes. now my question is  that soap UI should wait for 5 minutes to get the response, but throws the error before 5 minutes.  (not even 3 minutes, less than that) so i want the soap UI to wait for 5 minutes.

by the time SOAP UI gives the error , my request is still waiting for response in PO.

Snavi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

check with your basis team for icm timeout settings

if the receiver times out, the client will get 500 internal server error. in your case it doesn't look like your interface is timed out

below link from sap help might help

Timeout Options for ICM and Web Dispatcher - Administration - SAP Library

former_member190293
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay!

SoapUI gets timeout error from PI so it doesn't wait for its own limit exceeding.

Refer to this document for investigation PI timeouts:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c059d583-a551-2c10-e095-eb5d95e03...

Regards, Evgeniy.