cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the inspection stock of material XXXXX in QM only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In MMBE, a material showing Stock in "Quality Inspection" from last fiscal year. We have to change material from Quality Inspection to Unrestricted Stock.

We are trying to do Transfer Posting through MB1B with 321 movement type....but system showing an error message "Change the inspection stock of material XXXXX in QM only".

Please guide, how to move the stock into Unrestricted Stock.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

If the material is in Quality Inspection, that means there should be a linked inspection lot, for which Result Recording (RR) and Usage Decision (UD) needs to be done, so that by process the stock is moved form Quality stock to Unrestricted stock. Is that process already done? If so, what is the system status for the linked inspection lot?

In case if you are seeing some discrepancy in the inspection lot, Vs the Quality stock in MMBE, then you can try SAP note 48815 to move this stock appropriately.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

There is no inspection lot against this material...

Actually, user has changed Stock type manually during MIGO process from Unrestricted to Quality Inspection stock, last year.

former_member185453
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

One more check:

Is the Insp. Type 08 (Stock Transfer) is active for this material in QM view of Material Master. If not activate it and follow your same process otherwise follow Arijit Banerjee sir.

Regards

S Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

I already mention that user has changed Stock type manually during MIGO process from Unrestricted to Quality Inspection stock, last year.

Also, Inspection type 08 is not active in material master...

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please try SAP note 48815 to free the Quality blocked stock.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The user may have changed that stock category manually, but the system appears to believe QM is activated for the material.

Look at the QM view in the material master and see if the indicator "inspection setup" is ticked on.  If it is, go into the inspection type setup and mark as inactive ALL inspection types.  You can also do this via transaction QA08.

You should then be able to use a 321 movement using MB1B and move the material from QI to UR.

Even though there might not have been QM on at the time, the movement is still blocked today if any inspection types are active for the material, regardless of how the stock got into QI at the time.  (I.e. changed in the orginal receipt as you indicted).

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

For mark as inactive in inspection type, system showing message - To deactivate QM, the inspection stock for material must be empty.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried to do an MBST for the material document?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a option for solve my issue....

If i tick on checkbox "Reversal of GR allowed for GR-based IV despite invoice" in T.Code OMBZ...during MBST, it would not stop, even Deficit of IR quantity.

But after posting by this, MIGO document has been cancelled with Price diff. of material.

Is it correct process?

If yes, what is the impact of this amount...because in Purchase Order History, Quanitity field value is ZERO & Amount field showing difference value.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I wouldn't even begin to advise on that.  That would have to be asked of a finance person.  I would assume they may need to make some manual adjustments regarding $$$.  But I wouldn't know.  If that was here at my site, I'd be walking down the hall to the FI consutlants' office.  🙂

Craig