cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation of status of Urgent Correction CD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

We have implemented ChaRM solution based on Urgent Correction(SMHF) and all status of the CD are changed by end-users.

There is a new requirement to automate the status change of the CD, once it is moved to QA by the end-user:

'Once the TR is moved to QA system after status of the CD is changed by the end-user, then based on entries in certain custom fields of the CD, which are done in the first step during creation of CD, the status of CD should change automatically facilitating automatic import of TRs in the Regression System.'

Your advise will be of much use in this case.

Thank you.

Regards,

Gopal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

Do you already checked below report

Scheduling the Automatic Import of Urgent Changes - SAP Solution Manager - SAP Library

kindly schedule the job as per above link and it will fix your issue.

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Thanks for your quick response.

But my requirement is little different.

Lets mention my landscape as:

D --> Q --> R -->P

Currently, transport to each system is moved by relevant status change of the CD.

The requirement is to automatically import the transport to Regression system, when the status change is made only for QA by the user.

(This has to be based on certain field entries made by the user in previous stage of the CD.

Please advice your view.

Thank you.

Regards,

Gopal

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

There are various ways of achieving it.

you need to figure out if requirement is to have each document wise or in mass import should happen

if each document wise then the QA IDs should have a role with authorization to perform the import

in this case on changing the status and if it is set then it will do the import at the same time for UC

but if in mass you can check the report i have already shared.

Further, it is also possible to do status dependent import for UC/NC

Import strategies: Status Dependent import and Selective Import - Solution Manager - SCN Wiki

this should resolve and if not let me know further

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Let me clarify the requirement :

The 2nd user changes the status of the CD, which triggers the release of the TR to QA.

Now, the requirement is the transport should get imported to regression system as well with the user triggering the previous step only.

Thank you.

Regards,

Gopal

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

Technically it is not a problem you can have a job to do the import once TR is released so as soon as it is RELEASED as it goes to all target queues same time,......thus you can import to whatever target you want as per the case or do status dependent import for UC/NC with status QA etc.to QA/Regression etc

But this is not correct from process perspective as if we setting the status for QA why TR should go further to regression.....normally you need to have an additional status here for pre-production or regression system.

Please check it thoroughly before making these changes with impact assessment.

hope this helps and clarifies

thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

I understand the concern here.

Currently, i am checking the technical feasibility only.

This requirement is applicable only in case of moving high priority fixes like P1/P2 to PRD.

So, in this case only, we need to automate the movement of TRs into Regresion system.

Regards,

Gopal

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

Yes Urgent correction itself means the same issues to be fixed urgently but the process can't be like that you have mentioned and absolutely not correct

I hope it is clear to you know that technically it is feasible answering your query further I would recommend you to take appropriate decision as per your customer case.

All the best and take care

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Thanks for your advice.

However, i have found a recent link on similar topic:

I am checking it for my scenario.

Regards,

Gopal

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal

is this resolved now...did the other thread help

Thanks

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Sorry for the delayed response.

A BAdi has been used to automate the status change and it is happening now.

But transports are not moving to the Regression system with the automated status change.

Regards,

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

For Urgent change assign the IMPORT_TEST action to the particular user status.

So once the status is changed automatically, the transport start importing in the regression system.

Check below link for more details.

Change Request Management (ChaRM) - How to enhance the standard workflow - SAP IT Service Management...

Rg,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Thanks for your response.

This automation is required in only one landscape for high priority CDs but this ChaRM solution is applicable to other landscapes also, where automated movement is not required.

Please confirm inclusion of this implicit action in this status won't impact the other landscapes.

Thank you.

Regards,

Gopal