Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP Connection issue in receiver channel

rashid_eqbal
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I am working on a proxy to file scenario in 7.4 dual stack.

I am getting error while sending data through FTP to target system.

Channel Ping Status:

FTP connection to host "xx.xxx.x.xxx" and port "21" cannot be created.

On sending the data,we are getting below error at adapter engine.

Error Description:

Attempt to process file failed with Error when getting an FTP connection from connection pool: com.sap.aii.af.lib.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: ConnectException: A remote host refused an attempted connect operation.

MP: exception caught with cause com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Error when getting an FTP connection from connection pool: com.sap.aii.af.lib.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: ConnectException: A remote host refused an attempted connect operation.

Delivery of the message to the application using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Error when getting an FTP connection from connection pool: com.sap.aii.af.lib.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: ConnectException: A remote host refused an attempted connect operation.

Also I need advice about how to configure the target directory.

Target Directory as shown in AL11 of target system is /P:/SCM/STOCK_UPDATE/NEW

Should I give the Target Directory configuration in channel as /P:/SCM/STOCK_UPDATE/NEW ? or is there any other format using backslash..etc.

Please suggest me about the above two issue.

Thanks,

Rashid Eqbal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rashid - For checking the FTP connectivity it is useful to take the assistance of freeware FTP client software(like WINSCP). The direction of the slash to be used would depend on the environment that the target server is installed on. If it is a UNIX/LINUX environment it would be a forward-slash, if Windows it would be a back-slash. Thanks, Anand

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rashid,

FTP error seems to be connection issue, Check the correct parameters.

Channel is not able to connect to the FTP destination.

And for NFS / only should be used, Ensure the directory is mounted.