Did you mean: 

Transport request description different in QAS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We relased TR  in DEV with description "xxxxxxx"

The same TR in QAS import queue displaying with description "yyyyyy"

I have opened the object list it shows correct description as in DEV

My issue was in import queue showing different description.

Kindly help me to resolve this issue.

Regards,

P.Marudhu Pandy.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a guess:

I remember having seen something like this when a transport got a number that already had been used previously, for example when the development system had been restored from an old backup.

The restored system will not be aware of the transport numbers that had been created between backup and restore, but data file and cofile will still be there.

There are ways how to avoid such a confusion, of course.

hope this helps

Johan_sapbasis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unless the transport had been used previously, but the experience I had last year on a new system was the same and the buffer file was corrupt. I unfortunately cannot recall what SAP did to correct the buffer file they run some os level command and this was on a windows box.

Johan_sapbasis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check that it is not reading from /usr/sap/trans local folder but from development share or mount /usr/sap/trans

Either that or buffer is corrupt.

Kind Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

We tried everything but no use

Johan_sapbasis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you see any errors or so in the ulog files?

As a workaround do a transport of copies with the correct name to test if it does the same?

Also check permissions on the co/data files vs other files not that it should have any impact.

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prithviraj,

Kindly find the below TR with different description.

Regards,

P.Marudhu Pandy.

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marudhu,

Looks like not only description but owner is also different. In first screenshot owner is showing as ABAPER_1 and in second one (QA STMS) it is showing as SAPSUP_03. This kind of proves that both transports are different.

As suggested by Joseph & Nicolaas, please check transport sequence and buffer in your development system.

Also verify the data and cofile generation of this transport request. Are those the updated one (date) or old one. Transport directory is shared between your DEV & QA System.

Thanks,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

My understanding says it is not possible to have a different description for a transport request which has moved from DEV to QAS. However you can change the description of the transport request if the same is not moved to QAS using the tx code SE09/01

Former Member
0 Kudos

We didn t changed anything it is happening for every transport request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

we can change the description before release only that in DEV server only it is not possible to make description change in quality or different description in Both servers or u can check ur Qua system is in fully modifiable mode see the setting of SE06 they should be Not modifiable state in Quality

Regards

Rajendra Modieem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you share an example? A TR from Dev and QAS if possible?

Regards

Prithviraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prithviraj,

Kindly find the below TR with different description.

Regards,

P.Marudhu Pandy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suppose Description does not make any difference to actual contents!