Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Text filed In Cj20N screen

former_member334499
Participant
0 Kudos

Mates,

What is the Item text field in a Cj20N screen. Can user type in some custom text over there.

Regards

Mandan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Mandan,

Have you checked the help information by clicking F1 ? That clearly answers your doubt

Regards

Terence

former_member334499
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Terance,

Thanks for the quick update. I did checked it  earlier itself . I found it is to describe a BOM .

But my confusion is that isnt it   just a text box  whose editing  wont actually have impact on commitment item and all.

regards

Mandan

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mandan,

This is particularly useful for describing the non-stock material, so the information is transferred to Item text

Item text copying is based on the configuration in MM

Regards

Terence

Shubham1
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi

This field is very commonly used in manufacturing projects wherein along with Item description , details needs to be maintained as long text.

For example , specifications of a compressor like rated current rating ,pressure values, capacity etc.

There is no impact on commitments as its just a text entry which is getting stored in standard tables.

Some customers make Z reports using this field too.

Regards

Shubham

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member334499
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team Thanks for the prompt reply. Sorry for the delay as well.

My PS implementation personnel tells there are some related custom developments related to this . So i should not touch it as the commitment quantity will get affected .So i obey his "rules"

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the info. Kindly move the thread to Assume Answered or Answered

Regards

Terence

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Text field can not affect if you are going to add some more text under that tab.if you want to add extra field for text capturing or for other purpose then check with ABAP with user exit CNEX0009 which is relevant for material component level.

Regards,

Sanjeev

former_member334499
Participant
0 Kudos

Yup..Mates...I checked table using se11 and found it is text field . But am not a SAP  functional consultant and lack  expertise .

so the words of consultant is  the last word though my common sense was still not ready to accept it.

Here are the comments i got

1. There are some  "custom developments" so commitment quantity may get affected

2. All the solutions mentioned in Forum may not be applicable to particular scenario. it may differ from case to case ..(so i have been told not to forward any solutions and confirmations i come across )

Have not argued with any ...and have switched to  "its ok ..as you  say" mode..

Thanks alot for all the comments mates...good day

regards

Mandan

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

then could you mark this thread answered?