cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to let /UI2/FLP opening with Chrome browser.

ArcherZhang
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Tcode /UI2/FLP will opening Fiori Launchpad with IE browser by default,

even i have been set the Chrome browser as the default one.

If i save a URL link in favorites node, yes, it will opening with Chrome browser, but it will not send SAP logon tickets to browser.

How to make this happen, /UI2/FLP opening using Chrome browser?

BRs,

Archer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

LutzR
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Archer, there is no way to achieve this.

This transaction uses GUI's html control (which is based on Internet Explorer) and splits a new window in the same session from it.

Of course you could build your own transaction simply launching a URL via function module call_browser or something equivalent. This would invoke the standard browser of your desktop. But you would loose the built in SSO functionality provided by the original transaction. This of course would be of no importance if there were some other kind of SSO in place like SPNego, SAML, X.509 client certificates or some other solution.

So there is no way to persuade /UI2/FLP to open Chrome. But you could search for alternative solutions.

Regards,

Lutz

ArcherZhang
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thank you Lutz again. Actually in my laptop i installed other browser, like 360 browser, (not IE, not Chrome), that tcode could open the 360 browser, i do not know why...

LutzR
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Archer,

my explanation from a little Google: 360 browser seems just to be a wrapper around Internet Explorer rendering engine Trident. So in reality Internet Explorer is started and this starts the 360 wrapper with it (just an educated guess).

Regards,

Lutz