cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IW_PGW Installation - Front End or Back-end?

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

i am facing a issue that custom Scenario is not working on My inbox,

Tiles Setting

URL : XXXXXXXX/ScenarioCollection?$filter=key eq 'ZLIVAPPROVAL'

Parameters : scenarioId=ZLIVAPPROVAL

it show the item count but empty item after pressing the tiles

as i have two system - One for Netweaver , One for ERP

i did some searching that everyone said the IW_PGW should be installed to the front end instead of the back-end.

According to the sap implmentation guidline ,  the IW_PGW is the back-end package, who is right ?

http://help.sap.com/fiori_bs2013/helpdata/en/41/fd595461fce630e10000000a44538d/content.htm?frameset=...

Please help

Gordon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are on 7.4 , iwpgw comes as default. Make sure the version should be more than SP 08, for approvals (as recommended in standard notes). My Inbox you need this component in Gateway system at proper level, and make sure all the notes are installed. You can check the release notes.

Also please check if you have maintained task names and decision options in backend system, this is one of the reason, why you see the tile count, but app screen doesnt show any items.

Backend system : In Customizing for SAP NetWeaver, choose Start of the navigation path Gateway Serivce Enablement Next navigation step Conent Next navigation step Workflow Settings Next navigation step Maintain Task Names and Decision Options End of the navigation path

Regards,

Tejas

0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

Actually our inbox (default) work fine, but it's not happein in the same way after i created custom inbox tiles with custom Scenario, i am wondering if iw_pgw should be install to gateway instead of backend server.

Thanks

Gordon

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yep its required in Gateway. What is the issue you are facing with custom tile ?

Make sure you have configured the step i mentioned above. Where you need to configure workflow template id and step id.

Regards,

Tejas

SB9
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

Are you using multi-origin, that is your frontend server connected to two or more backend servers and you are trying to get the tasks from all of them ?

Check you system alias and mapping in transaction - IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE.

0 Kudos

Hi,

In our sandbox system, no , we are pointing to one backend only

Gordon

karanbahl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

It should be on the Gateway Side i.e. FES. This has already been discussed here.

Where to put IW_PGW component for Fiori in case... | SCN

Regards,

Karan