cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Personas 3.0 - Scripting

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a Personas 3.0 scripting question.  Is it possible to use scripting to open a tab delimited text file located on a network drive, read the contents line by line, and assign the contents to an array or specific variable(s)?  The file name is known and can be hardcoded.  If this is possible, could someone please point me to some examples?  I have tried some JavaScript examples but have not had any luck.  Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

-have you tried using FileReader() class?  Just google and i am sure you will see examples.

-You can even use XMLHttpRequest() if you r file is there on some WebServer.

-Though I am not sure how and when your textfile will be updated, you can potentially upload the text file as a resource in personas admin and have access to that file as a global script

Scripting: Including Global Javascript Libraries - SAP Imagineering - SCN Wiki

-sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found something that works, but only with IE.  The key was using "file:' protocol.  The code is attached.  Thanks for you help!

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

In WEBGUI, the access to a file system happens via WEBGUI File Browser. As far as I know, you will have to, first, upload the file from the local file system to the browser file system (virtual file system), to only then have it handled by some transaction.

Kind regards,

Cris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!  I will give this a try.