Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process actual file based on additional flag file

former_member387652
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are working on PI 7.31 SP11 and the interface is to pick up file from NFS folder of ECC  and transfer it to the bank network & PI has to pick it up using NFS and encrypt it and forward to the folder but the problem here is ABAPers are generating the file & before even  the file is completely generated PI system is picking up the incomplete file. For example say ECC system generates 600 records and places it on NFS folder ideally PI should pick up the complete file with 600 records but the problem here is it is picking up only 10 records[incomplete] file say and processing it. In this case ABAP team is requesting that they can generate a flag file as soon as the complete file which is to be transferred to receiver is generated on NFS folder. Can you please help me to achieve this like as soon as the flag file is present the NFS channel should pick up the actual file using additional file parameter options? How to delete the old flag file as soon as the actual file to be processed is deleted?

Kindly elaborate the steps to effectively achieve this?

Thanks in advance!

Naveen.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Msec to wait for modification check will work for your requirement you no need additional flag file for this requirement.

Regards

Praveen

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member387652
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you both! I will try out & let you know!

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Two easiest options are-

1. As Praveen said, use Msec to wait before Modification - as you are using NFS. Even now its available on FTP.

2. Tell your ABAP team to keep temporary file extension until all records are written and make it permanent once all written.

i.e.   abcd.temp until file write is complete. Once complete abcd.txt

or abcd.txt until file write is complete. One complete xyz.txt and in cc you will use xyz.txt to pick the file.

Thanks,

Apu