Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ccBPM or NWBPM

former_member244059
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!

I'm a complete newbie in PI.

I have created a few simple interfaces (IDoc to ECC and  vice versa), and all is good in the world.

But now I have a requirement to create the following process: A 3rd party system generates an XML file with sales data, I have to create a Sales Order on ECC, and if its created successfully then I have to create a delivery and finally a bill document. If there's any error, the process should stop, and have the possibility to continue from the last successful step (ie, if the SO got created correctly, but the delivery had errors, then the interface should try to reprocess the delivery again).

I have been reading about this types of interfaces, and have come across 2 tools: ccBPM and NWBPM.

I just want to know the difference between the two, and which one do I have to use to achieve what I detailed before.

I'm on PI 7.4.

Thanx!

Jesus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jesus,

Welcome to the community.

ccBPM is to create the business process on SAP PI dual stack (ABAP+Java), as you are on PI 7.4 and i believe it is dual stack then you need to use ccBPM for any business process modeling.

But as per my knowledge you do not need the BPM for your requirement. this process needs to manage in ECC.

example

Customer sends the sales order

Customer --> PI --> ECC

ECC will send the sales order response

ECC -->> PI -->> Customer

Once the sales order is confirmed ECC trigger the delivery process and once the delivery is confirmed it sends the invoice to customer. All the messages are asyn so its guarantee the delivery of message.

Hope this help!

Harish

former_member244059
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harish.

I understand that I don't actually need BPM to achieve this, but I was under the impression that PO is the way to go for this kind of scenarios.

So my question would be: if I have installed PO 7.4 and need to create an interface that receives a flat file and needs to execute various BAPIs or IDOCs on ECC, and depending whether each of them executes correctly then the next must be processed, or if there is an error then been able to continue the process from the error; would I been able to achieve this in PO? Should I use ccBPM or NWBPM?

There's actually an example on something like this on ccBPM, but I activated it on ESR but aren't able to do so on ID.

Thanx

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If your using PO then you wont have CCBPM only NWBPM.

former_member244059
Participant
0 Kudos

Raghuraman, and I can achieve this with NWBPM?

Thanx

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jesus,

PO will have the NWBPM so you can use the NWBPM for any business process modeling. But why you need the BPM, you requirement is to send the message IDOC/BAPI to SAP and based on response trigger the other flow.

First IDOC is no Sync message processing so you either needs to go for Proxy or RFC. Then you need to build the BPM in PO. The better way to avoid the BPM and design the scenario which i gave in the example.

regards,

Harish

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can achieve it,But you can consider the solution by Harish which will increase the performance.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member244059
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for the information Raghuraman and Harish.

The customer doesn't want to develop anything on the ERP side, they want to use the BPM functionality in PO, and they don't mind if the performance is not optimal.

So just to confirm: Can I design a process in NWBPM that executes asynchronous BAPIs in sequence, and returns the messages of every BAPI execution on a flat file? And wether the execution was correct, continue with the execution of the next BAPI? And if there was an error, will there be the possibility to continue the process in the step that generated the error?

Thanks.

Jesus

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jesus,

You can try the same using Looping in NWBPM.

former_member244059
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Raghuraman and Harish.

Is there a tutorial or document that I could review to achieve this scenario with NWBPM?

Thanks.

Jesus

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jesus,

Here is a step to step guide to create NW BPM in PO:

http://sapassets.edgesuite.net/sapcom/docs/2015/07/5c42d586-5b7c-0010-82c7-eda71af511fa.pdf

Cheers,

Sanjeev

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think you will get the exact thing.Might be you can check the other links and correlate.