cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block products from specific accounts from shipping on specific hoildays

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have  a requirement to block specific products for certain specific accounts only (not all customers)  to ship before specific holiday . The reason beyond that is my company does not  observe them as holiday and ship the product to the customers  due to which there is a risk involved and the orders delivered may be spoiled.

example ,Washington’s Birthday, aka President’s Day my company does not observe this as holiday but few customers do

Any thoughts how this can be achieved 

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ever heard of Exclusion functionality?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes but it is going to block the products from selling , but i want to block certain products from shipping on specific days in a calendar year

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So you are OK with the products to be included on sales orders, but for some customers these products should not be able to be added to a delivery document, if the date lies within those "not allowed" dates, is that correct?

If this is your requirement, I don't think it can be handled with standard SAP. You may explore development; such as creating a custom table with keys as customer, material and validity dates. In copy control customizing VTLA, you can read this table and block copying if need be.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I want to include the product on the sales order but stop them shipping due to non working day at the customer location

Can you please elaborate on development and custom table in VTLA

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You'll need to store the following information somewhere: Which products will not be shipped to which customers on which days? You'll probably create a z-table and store this information in it.

How many customers will be restricted for this purpose? Are there a few, or are there too many that you'd better use a grouping indicator (possibly a field in customer master) to group them?

How many materials will be restricted for this purpose? Are there a few, or are there too many that you'd better use a grouping indicator (possibly a field in material master) to group them?

If you are to use a field in customer/material master, then create your table with keys Customer group / Material group / Restriction validity dates. If you are not to use a field in customer/material master, then create your table with keys Customer / Material / Restriction validity dates. Let's say you won't use fields from masters; entries in the table will look like (C=Customer, M=Material) :

C1     M1     20.12.2016     27.12.2016

C1     M2     20.12.2016     27.12.2016

C1     M3     20.12.2016     27.12.2016

C2     M1     20.12.2016     27.12.2016

So you're now restricting shipping of M1, M2 and M3 to C1, and M1 to C2 between 20.12.2016 and 27.12.2016. How will you do that? In VTLA, item category level, Conditions -> Requirements, you are probably using SAP routine 101 (program FV50B101). You'll either need to enhance this, or create a new routine in VOFM and assign this in VTLA. In the code, you'll need to read the z-table you've created, and if customer and material matches and system date lies within your validity dates in your z-table, set variable bp_subrc = 4. This way item will not be copied to delivery.

By the way, you can enhance the functionality of your z-table, it is by no means a complete idea. For example, if for every year December 20th to 27th will be restricted (i.e. Christmas time or any other holiday that falls to exact same time every year), then instead of entering year information to the table, you can think about entering only days and months, and ignore year part of system date in your code. Design is completely up to you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you really appreciate i will pursue this option .. once again thank you

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your welcome.

Please close the thread if your question is answered.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

http://scn.sap.com/people/sez41

Kivanc,

Appreciate your detailed post!

There could be heavy manual work load to fill out a custom table and there could be misses and deliveries reaching SH To locations on holidays, when the table is not updated timely. These things have to be considered too during design phase.

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Reason we want to exclude some products from shipping boz of their nature the need to be refrigerated , Secondly yes it does involve manual work is there any other approach if you share would appreciate

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

You can maintain an specific factory calendar with those special holidays (t-code SCAL).

Than you link this to a special shipping point and route, in shipping determinations (customizing, t-code SPRO).

Finally, use this shipping point in your customer master (t-code XD02) for those clients you wish.

Hope it helps!

Rgds,

Marcio

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Marclo

Thank you for the reply but i want to block only for specific products only for specific customers like refrigerated products to be shipped on weekdays before holidays , based on what you mentioned if do the config i think it would block all the products .

Thanks

Venky

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

only for specific products only for specific customers like refrigerated products to be shipped on weekdays before holidays , based on what you mentioned if do the config i think it would block all the products .

Venky,

If President's Day is a holiday for a customer's SH To location, then why some products can be shipped and others not?

TW