cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import a doc file in text item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Do you know if it's possible in sales order, text item, import a doc file?

I try to do it mas it appears all misconfigured.

Thanks

Dora

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dora,

please correct me if I am wrong - you are actually uploading a *.docx file, not *.doc (my guess is because in your screenshot I see [Content_Types].xml, which is present in the newer MSOffice format.

Anyway, *.doc and *.docx are just archives. You can have a look at what they contain with 7-zip or a similar free tool for viewing archives - docx is just a bunch of xmls.

I don't think that you can use doc or docx files to upload texts directly from 'Load local file' function.

As far as I know, only plain text will work correctly (there is nothing wrong with your configuration or your local PC).

You can either copy-paste the text from your word document to the item text or attach the file in the sales order as it is (but then it will be for the complete document) or save the file as *.txt and then upload it.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dora,

it´s not possible, however you can save your DOC document in RTF format and then upload it by double clicking in text box. A full screen editor opens and then select text, upload, tick on RTF format and select your document.

Regards,

JM