cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIORI LaunchPad Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone please help me with this issue?

I have developed a sapui5 app from scratch with my webide account. It is working fine when I run the app from my account. Even it works well in Sandbox FIORI LaunchPad.

But the same app if I deployed to the ABAP repository, there was no issues with the deployment process. Everything seems to be good.

Now the issue is I am using MessageBox UI to show the user for any short info like warning message. It is defined in sap.m library.

When I try to run the app in FIORI LaunchPad, I am getting an error with this MessageBox..saying that this is not a function.

Similarly I defined the global models in manifest.json file and it looks like, I am getting an error with these models also. It is saying that  the models I have declared  in manifest.json is undefined.

Everything was working fine with my webide and I can run the app smoothly via my local browser.

I dont know what has to be done while deploying. I used webide to deploy my app. Also used SAPUI5 client build option.

hanks in advance!!

Thanks & Regards,

Murali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Normally your web IDE account will be updated with latest SAPUI5 version but when you deploy the same application to ABAP stack. It might be on the lower version and certain controls like Toolbar, messageBox will not work as expected in lower versions.

You have to adjust the application either by placing the code in eclipse or by editing your deployed BSP application as per the SAPUI5 version in ABAP stack.

To check the SAPUI5 version in ABAP system, right click your BSP application and choose test application. When the app opens up in browser, open developer tools(if its chrome, press F12) and in the console code sap.ui.version

regards

Sabarinathan