cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low performance of Webdynpro Application

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am facing a performance issue with a complex webdynpro application we have made.When i checked the Trace via ST05 i could notice that it was the application load that was taking the maximum time, the SQL statements were consuming minimal time.But the HTTP trace does not give information about which exact components of the webdynpro application are causing the overhead, instead it shows the call time,execution time,send data size and idle time etc.

Is there some way to determine what component of the application is causing the maximum overload, for example a node, or overloaded component/view controllers etc? How can i reduce/optimise the time taken for application load?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Use WD_TRACE_TOOL T-code for tracing your web dynpro application for loading time.

Compare with other applications with the same. Check below link for more details.

Web Dynpro trace tool - Web Dynpro ABAP - SAP Library

Sample Image :

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Ananda

0 Kudos

Hello Hari,

Performance issues have many reasons, please check with the below points

1. first trace the application with SE12(best tool to trace web applications).

2. try to figure out the code which is taking time by overall execution of each select query(this will help for little performance improvement).

3. Most of the times framework will effect the performance, because it will trigger the events as part of the framework. So try to check which part of code is executing number of times, try to restrict with conditions.(that will help you lot, but you need patience for debugging).

regards,

Vikram Polinati

former_member198833
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

One way to check if the performance issues are due to the WDA framework itself or with application specific data, try running a standard Web Dynpro ABAP application, such as WDR_TEST_EVENTS or WDR_TEST_UI_ELEMENTS, from SICF transaction.

If you face performance issue on these application also, a Unified Rendering update should assist. Please read more on the following Wiki on how to update UR:

Unified Rendering Notes - Which one to apply - Web Dynpro ABAP - SCN Wiki

If the performance issues only happen on one specific application, you can see with the right mouse button, on Technical Help menu, which Component and which View are running.

Regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos

Hi Felipe,

"If the performance issues only happen on one specific application, you can see with the right mouse button, on Technical Help menu, which Component and which View are running."

I did not get where i need to right click, which technical menu?

former_member198833
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Just right click anywhere on the application screen, if you have SAP_ALL authorization, you should see 'Technical Help' on the menu.

There you can find several application, system and browser information. On the first screen, you can find out what is the WDA component and view being rendered.

Regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos

Felipe,

I get what you are saying. I know the component,view etc.What i don't know is what part of the component/view/controller etc are leading to the high processing time so that i can try to fix it. For example, a context node that has too many attributes which are not used anywhere.

former_member198833
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

I see what you mean. You mentioned the performance issue was on the application load, therefore I would start by analyzing the WDDOINIT methods of both the initial View and the Component Controller, I would also check if there is any Supply Functions for Context Nodes.

These are the methods that are called on application start. I will also check if there is any performance trace to see which Web Dynpro ABAP classes could be having a higher processing time and will update you if I find anything.

Regards,

Felipe

veerababu_alladi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

Performance issue mainly come from LOOP statement and SELECTING from database.and do not put SELECT query in inside LOOP.

By using debugging you can trace it. and you know in which method you written your code . check it .

Thanks,

Veerababu.

0 Kudos

Thank You Mr Alladi,but i have already done all the optimization with respect to loops and queries and they are consuming only a negligible time. My question is that does the performance of the webdynpro application get affected by say if there are too many number of attributes in a context node or if there are too many nodes?

Also will moving all controller level logic to the assistance class(even if that requires exporting and importing the node,context references etc) improve the performance significantly?