Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITSM-Charm - Switch to status Imported after Import

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

is there a possibility, to switch automatically to the status "Imported" in Normal and Urgent Change Documents, after executing the GoLive via SCMA?

Kind regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anon,

yes it is easily feasible within standard, please check below

ChaRM - Automatic transport to PRD once Success... | SCN

hope this resolves

Thanks

Prakhar

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prakhar,

sounds interessting.

But I expected more to work with actions.

Scheduling automatically an action for this.

However, till now I was not able to do this.

Avantage would be, that also the pre-document gets set to the correct status, like in standard if user confirms.

The thing is, if I exectue the action with report RSPPFRPROCESS once and it ends in an error (might be because the import isn't done yet), the action gets not executed again.

If you have an idea for this, I think my problem is also solved.

Or do you konw, if I can get the transport-status (imported/not imported) of the change document somehow? I tried FM CRM_ORDER_READ, but without success yet.

Because if so, I would extend my custom start-condition.

Kind regards

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anon,

this is the basic different for normal and urgent change that you don't use action for normal change import because all the changes(transports) for normal goes via project level import in charm and not single document level.

however if it is urgent change, just clicking the action will change the status and do the import both at the same time corresponding to one system change only.

therefore you need to check the requirement and adapt as per scenario for your use case.

did you also check the below SAP KBA for automatic imports

1897163 - How to configure periodic import jobs in Change Request Management [VIDEO]

Hope this helps further

Thanks

Prakhar

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prakhar,

I know what you mean.

But I am talking about normal change and importing via SCMA is good for me.

The only thing I would like to do automatically, is setting the status to "import" after doing the import.

So that the project team does not have to update each change documents manually after go-live.

You know what I mean?

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anon,

Yes, this is why I suggest you to check the report crm_socm_service_report

this report will do the same in the background or foreground as per case and change your status for the CD . if not working check below sap note.

2285580 - CRM_SOCM_SERVICE_REPORT does not change status

is this okay or I misunderstood...please share some more details if above is not working for you

Thanks again

Prakhar

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prakhar,

I would like to try it.

But the 1st problem I see, is that I can't select the CDs by user status in this report.

So I don't know, how I can select just the CDs, which are already in status Tested Successfully ( so the documents, which can be imported in to live system).

Otherwise it would switch the status also of other documents.

You know what I mean?

How have you setup the report?

Kind regards and thank you for your help

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anon,

you can select the status but first fill the transaction or document type on the selection screen.

once you provide the document/transaction type lik ZMMJ etc and then press F4 in the status field you can then select the status you require

this should resolve if not let me know further.

thanks

Prakhar

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That was the last thing.

Thx a lot for your help.

I did test it and works smoothly

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anon,