cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create flavors for enjoy transaction SP2

0 Kudos

Hello ,

Due to expand/collapse probelem in transaction ME21N , I want to create a flavor for each item container in Screen personas 2.0 ,

is that possible to have for each container a flavor?

Can i create for each container a flavor?

ses[0]/wnd[0]/usrUSRAREA/subcntSUB0SAPLMEGUI0013

ses[0]/wnd[0]/usrUSRAREA/subcntSUB0SAPLMEGUI0016

ses[0]/wnd[0]/usrUSRAREA/subcntSUB0SAPLMEGUI0019

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Flavors are always tied to a single transaction (and not to controls), so the answer is no.

Enjoy controls require quite careful handling because those embedded containers (and a lot of them in your case) can produce sometimes seemingly unpredictable results. This is not because of the Personas tool but due to the screen complexity.

In Personas 2.0, I found you have to be very careful about resizing or sometimes even moving the scrollable and collapsible containers because expand/collapse can be messed up very easily. Scrollbars appear when you don't expect them, controls are not moved up/down anymore upon expanding/collapsing etc.

How would a separate flavor for each container help you in achieving your goal?

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Tamas, in fact i have a probelem with expand/collapse and SAP gave the solution below

"The recommended way to handle enjoy transactions in Personas is to

have 3 different flavors -

One for each container and switch between them in order to operate on

each collapsible container. "

So i was confused by the solution how can i create one flavor per container? , does it mean that each container  have its own transaction

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

What was the context for that response and recommendation?

I have a hunch that this may refer to Personas 3.0 where such flavor switching is much easier, due to the significantly more capable scripting engine. I just don't see how would you do something like this in 2.0 since it lacks the necessary events to trigger such flavor switching.

I can see how this could work in 3.0 (albeit it would be somewhat awkward even then) but in 2.0 it is very doubtful that this can be accomplished.

0 Kudos

Its  because of error due to collapse / expand

Header containers can't find fields of item container (vise versa)

the probleme is noticed just at screens with small resolution

0 Kudos

But i think that the solution proposed is more for SP3 version , but as i looked on SCN blog SCRIPTS can fixe the bug , but dont know if its a reliable solution  to adupt