cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Leave Request (Version 2): send html email

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

I'm currently looking for the easiest way(with zero or minor developing) to send email-notifications in HTML format within leave approval process.

All I want to achieve is to simply send a link to an appropriate application within email body.

Here's an example:

1) Jack Richards creates a leave request in My Leave Requests Fiori App with John Smith marked as approver

2) A notification e-mail is sent to John Smith:

Hello, John!

Jack Richards created a leave request and you need to approve it. Go check it, here's the link: SAP Community Network

Regards.

3) John Smith gets an email in his mail agent (e.g. Microsoft Outlook), reads it, clicks the link, enters his credentials and gets into the Approve Leave Requests Fiori App.

I've tried to use report RPTARQEMAIL provided in PTARQ transaction, but it only sends an approval in RAW format and I assume it won't recognize html tags. Also tried to follow recommendations in this thread Hyperlink in Email using Send Mail Activity with General texts like HR_TIM_ARQ_APPROVER, but didn't succeed - I couldn't find a proper function module to convert RAW text to HTM to add in SXCONVERT2, and I also have doubts that this solution would fit.

So I'm getting a little desperate and ready to try building a workflow and add it to V_T554S_WEB view, but I'm not sure that WS21500001 provided in SPRO documentation is the right one to start with. I really don't need any workitems - just emails, accessible through mail agent (e.g. Microsoft Outlook).

I suppose the challenge is quiet common, so could anyone share their experience?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Anton

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

Take a look at .

When a workitem is in approver's inbox, background job sends an email notification.

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG