cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCOT issue error-612

0 Kudos

Hello Experts..

i have configured SMTP relay agent on windows 08 R2 machine ..working fine.Port 25 is looking fine in the same machine.

able to telnet at OS level from SAP to Relay Machine and PING(application level) to Relay machine .

Followed SAP recommended settings in scot.

Unable to sent mail Error 612

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TY   very much

as we discussed PORT issue so ijust check and find error Windows Sockets initialization failed: 5 on netstat ..so after resetting winsock and rebooting Relay machine..it got fixed

TY to   too

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member185488
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sharad,

It seems that there is no error in SMTP configuration in SAP. Please check in the SMTP server whether all the settings including SAP systems IP is maintained correctly.

Also i agree with

0 Kudos

Thank you Both..

Ports are fine these errors were different with different Ports i used as i mentioned earlier...

Telnet is working b/w the systems...yes might be problem with 25 port but i think eg default open..for that i checked firewall rule everything is fine ..but noticeable thing is that port changes ...error also changes

and yes SMTP settings SAP ids are incuded

Johan_sapbasis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Give screenshot of smicm -> Go to -> services here please.

Johan

0 Kudos
former_member185488
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sharad,

It seems problem in destination server. Can you please select the failed message and click on the highlighted button(Trace) and paste it?

This will help us in finding where exactly the issue is!

Regards,

Jegan Raj

0 Kudos

TY

i ve traced the mail in SOST also
long text of error--

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently no delivery to sharad.basis@ajnara.com

Message no. XS612

Diagnosis

The message was processed correctly in the SAP system. However, a subsequent system registers that the message cannot currently be delivered to the receiver sharad.basis@ajnara.com.

Information from external system (if available)

192.168.0.1:23

451 No response from server received

Procedure

If you send the message again at a later time then it is possible that it can be delivered successfully
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i retried many times.
what i have tried-what i ve got

checked SMICM-fine service and param both
SICF-sapconnect is activated
Checked job ,delete and recreated .

changed port - error changed to 816--that is no connection with SMTP node
change email ids of user and  Recipient as well

no long running job-
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
error 816 -long text

Message cannot be transferred to node SMTP due to connection error (final)

Message no. XS816

Diagnosis

The message was processed correctly in the SAP system. Due to a technical fault, the connection to the server 192.168.0.1:25 could not be established or was interrupted. The message could not be copied to node SMTP.

Information from external system (if available)

Connection request to partner failed

Procedure for the administrator

Check the connection from the SAP system to node SMTP.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
not found any notes specific

SO01 SOSB tried also

Johan_sapbasis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is curious to me is that one part of your message refers to port 23 and the other part to port 25 maybe having some issue with the port 23, why would it be looking at port 23?

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc754782(v=ws.10).aspx

Maybe ask the server team to check why tcp port 23 is giving an error here between the servers?

Kind Regards,

former_member185488
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sharad,

Could you please paste the error message 612 content? Also select the failed message and open the trace in SOST.

Paste the results here.

Regards,

Jegan Raj