Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWCV mismatch

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

A very simple query-

I am using PO 7.4 . For integration purpose, I have imported some standard ESR components. I need to refer the CC template provided with this but as my SAP Basis SWCV is the latest one I mean 7.4 but my standard SWCV is expecting 7.11.

Is there any way to get rid of this or I need to import Basis 7.11 SWCV again.

Thanks,

Apu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At times you have no choice but to import the correspinding SAP Basis SWCV. This typically happens with Standard SuccessFactors content,.ie. SFIHCM01, SFIHCM02, SFICHM03 I have noticed and the only resolution seems to be to import SAP Basis SWCV or manually create the configuration without using the Comm Channel Templates!

Regards

Bhavesh

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Exactly Bhavesh . I have done the same thing for SFSF integration. Putting old Basis version in updated version seems to not feasible.

Thanks,

Apu

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any reason why you say not feasible?

• you need to do this only on development server.
  • once you create the channels using the template you can delete this from Dev server as well.
  • finally, this will not be required in other servers as the channel will get transported and hence no template required.
apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

It looks unreasonable actually.

I have used latest SFIHCM ES for SFSF integration and now doing same thing for Ariba integration using latest Ariba Cloud integration content 7.0.

Previously I have done Ariba integration using on premise ESR content provided by Ariba. But as that time I was working on 7.1 so channel template didn't trouble much. Basically SAP is providing channel template based on the server version they have started of delivering ES contents.

Don't you think there should have some provision provided from SAP so that people can configure it as per their server version and patch level rather lowering the SAP Basis level.

Thanks,

Apu

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I thought the comment that this is not feasible is from a technical perspective!

From the perspective that SAP provides a permanent fix yes indeed it is reasonable ask but between raising an OSS with SAP and waiting for a solution, I guess i always end up doing this workaround

Regards

Bhavesh

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavesh.

I thought there might have some other way to handle this rather updating the Basis SWCV that's why I opened this discussion.

Thanks,

Apu

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Apu,

Just like advice search or ask directly to SAP the compatibility between this component and PI 7.4.

Regards.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Apu,

Guess you need to import them as well.