Did you mean: 

MRP element shipping notification affecting MRP run

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Team,

Our process is as follows:

1. Scheduling agreement is created.

2. Confirmation control 0001 key is defined in info record.

3. MRP generates schedule lines or its created manually.

4. Based on the schedule lines supplier generates ASN.

5. GR(103- 105) is finally done based on that ASN. The creation of ASN actually creates VL31N IBD in the background. So technically the GR is being done with reference to IBD.

6. Finally MIRO happens.

This is the ideal process that goes. Now suppose a scenario comes where ASN is there for 10 quantities. So GR 103 and 105 happens for 10 quantities. Then

This is the ideal process that goes. Now suppose a scenario comes where ASN is there for 10 quantities. So GR 103 and 105 happens for 10 quantities. Then after a week user does a 122 for 2 quantities. A credit note is generated for the same. But ideally he was expected to send 10 quantities as the production process requires 10 quantities. Hence what user/s do is increase the quantity in schedule lines (here 2 quantities) and generate it. So the next ASN he provides these additional two quantities and the process is closed. But that outbound delivery remains open. Hence this open quantity for two quantities are being shown in shng notif as MRP element.

How can i resolve this shipping notification which keeps coming in MD04.

Regards,

SS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI , Sen

I think you can set the no impact to MRP ( check the screen shot ), Then after running the MRP , there is no hipping notification in the MD04,

Path : ECC:SPEOMaterial ManagemetPurchasingConfirmationSet up Confirmation control

You can try.

Alex 

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Alex. Let em check how system MRP behaves as well as SRM behaves in removing this tick.

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Alex,

I f i remove that yes your are correct that shpng notif is not coming. But it would not solve the purpose. I am sharing the brief description :

Lets say vendor gives me a ASN fro 10 qty. i can see a line in MD04  with mrp element as SHPG NOTIF . I do 103 and 105 of that 10 qty. Now if i run MD04 , i see that the line is not present  which is very normal. Now i do 122 qty FOR 3 ITEMS. What happens in is MD04 i see those open 3 qty being shown as shpng notif which system takes as open. But as per our client process no supplier can resend those 3 qty in same previously ASN number hence the supplier creates a new asn number which in turn creates an inbound delivery in background with this x+3 quantity. So my client ends up receiving the 3 qty bit this open qty MRP element is stays in MD03/ MD04 thus effecting my mrp process badly.

regards,

SS

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

No help !!!!