cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging two SUs in a Bin

former_member217601
Participant
0 Kudos

My user didn't plan the TO correctly and now the system create new storage unit in the destination bin, instead of adding the stock into existing SU in the bin. Is there any way to merge these storage units?

I tried to use the LT10 by selecting the first storage unit and the transfer it to the second storage unit. The system created the TO but the storage unit stayed the same (no change).

I do have non-SU storage bin, and I can transfer the storage units to it and the retransfer it to the source bin, but I need simpler procedure.

I am open for any solution. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor

Already tried LT08?

former_member217601
Participant
0 Kudos

I tried LT08 but cannot find suitable movement type. 309 or 999 not acceptable. Is there any configuration I should look first?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you getting an error message when using 999?

former_member217601
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, I am getting "Select a suitable movement type" Message No. L3243

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I had the same issue some years ago and if I recall, I made a copy txn of 999 and changed either the transfer requirement settings (manual TR allowed) or the screen control settings ....... or both

Have a play with this and if you can't resolve it, let me know and I'll dig into my archives and see if I can find out.

Hope this helps

Cheers

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The error is issued in those 3 programs, and they are really tiny:

ML03TI00_BWLVS_PRUEF01

ML03TI00_BWLVS_PRUEF02

ML03TI00_BWLVS_PRUEF03

If you can read a little coding then you can easily see what you need to check.

If you are able to debug then it should also be quick to know after which check the error message is issued.

former_member217601
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Android, thanks for the tips. Are you using the new mvt with the LT08? or using another tcode.

I copied the 999 to a new mvt, and change the settings a bit (TR allowed). When I adopt it in the LT08, the system still not allowed it.

For experiment, I also tried to copy the 561 to a new mvt, and it is able to be use in LT08. I wonder if the LT08 is only usable for initial entry balance, or with source bin assigned.

For the screen control settinng that you mention, where exactly do you change it?

former_member217601
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen, thanks for the tip. As I am not a coder, I will ask my friend to help with this debug.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In order for the movement type to be accepted by LT08 you to set the following;

Source Stype (Mandatory) Src Bin (Optional)

Screen Control must be set to either 1 (Putaway) or 3 (Single Item)

What I can't see in LT08 though, is where to enter the dest SU Number

Hope this helps anyway.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think your best option would be LT01 mvt 999 and create in the foreground. You can then manually enter the source and destination SU's.

Cheers

former_member217601
Participant
0 Kudos

Well, yes it worked. But long and the too risky input it manually.

Thanks for the suggestion.

0 Kudos

Hi Bayu,

Error L3243 is issued in below code in BWLVS_PRUEF02:

If T333-ABILD = CON_VORB_AUSLAGERN

MASSAGE E243

Therefore, the screen for creation of TO cannot be set as "2", but should be 1 or 3 as required.

And for your case, is LT08 working now after adjusting movement 999?

Regards,

Edward

former_member217601
Participant
0 Kudos

I have tried with 1 and 3, but still cannot use in LT08, unless I set the source type/bin.

Even if I managed to use the mvt in LT08, I also agree with Android said, I can't see in LT08 where to enter the destination SU Number. In the LT08 screen, there is only destination strg. type/bin.

I am still hoping to use the LT10.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the initial screen of LT08 you actually enter the target SU number. In the detail you then tell what you want to add.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As this is a desk top exercise then with either LT01 or LT10, you could use copy/paste to eliminate manual entry errors.

Other than developing your own program for this, I think these are your only SAP standard options.

Might want to implement some additional end user training too

Cheers

former_member217601
Participant
0 Kudos

Oh I see, I missunderstand the screen concept. I thought it was the source bin.

Now, if I can just overcome the error. What should I do with the BWLVS_PRUEF02.

Answers (0)