cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locking Issue using LSMW (Parallel Processing)

0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Hope all is well.

I'm experiencing locking issue when uploading tons of data usually 65K. I've identified the cause of locking using the tcode SM12. The problem is same article number but different plant. I believe this is the cause of my problem. All of unique articles are already posted except for same articles with multiple plants (sites).

Before, I'm not using parallel processing but it took me hours to finish uploading so I did searched for better solution that's why I'm trying parallel processing. I've followed instruction from this link (Increasing performance of idoc inbound processing - ABAP Connectivity - SCN Wiki)

Here's example of my data: Same article but with different sites. I'm having trouble because SAP won't allow me to upload it all because this is currently locked by ME!

MATERIALPLANT
SUP175CA01
SUP175CA02
SUP175LA01
SUP175LA02
SUP175MA01
SUP175MA02
SUP175SU01
SUP175SU02
SUP175TA01
SUP175TA02
SUP175OR01
SUP175OR02
SUP175SA01

Hope you can help me! My only problem is locking issue. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are these finally 13 transactions (13 Idocs) just because of the plant?

Why is it not 1 transaction (1 IDOC) with 13 plant segments?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel,

For a start, I suggest you try sorting your input files by plant.

Best Regards,

DB49

0 Kudos

Thanks DB! Actually I'm thinking that solution too since yesterday. We're doing implementation for grocery retail chain. Our client is sending us the master data per buyer and not per site. We have 28 buyer data here (with more than 10K materials each) and they have 50+ sites. If they will prepare it by site then we will have 50+ documents to upload compare to 28 per buyer. Is there any other possible way to do this without compromising the per buyer data?

I'm planning to raise this one too during meeting. But if there is no possible solution then I think I'll ask them to send us the data per site.