cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of stack.xml during upgrade of ECC6.0 to EHP6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We generated a stack.xml through solution manager for our ECC6.0 upgrade to EHP6. We've upgraded our sandbox system. I wanted to know if we can use the same stack.xml for all the systems in the landscape or do we need to generate it for each and every system? Please let me know.

Regards,

SJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi SJ Have a look at report RPT_MOPZ_COPY_STACK_XML, SAP notes 1600302 / 1711612

Rgrds Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do we run the report in solman or ECC?

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Run this report in your SAP Solution Manager

-Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ran it in solman and stack.xml for sandbox system exists under /EPS/in but the screen shows "No stack XML has been uploaded". Do I have to copy it in some other directory?

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SJ,

Can you please share screenshot of your steps. Since I am using SAP solution Manager 7.2 I do not have that report in my system.

-Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have solman 7.1. I have uploaded the screenshots of the error.

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SJ,

Process is as below...

Click on Upload Template Stack XML to upload the stack.xml from sandbox system. Once uploaded, enter the SID of the SAP system you which to generate the stack.xml file for,

For example, your development system <SID> name

If you have your development system information in your solution manager you will notice under System Mappings tab, the hostname of the SAP development system appears.

Press Enter or Execute (F8)

Select the hostname of your development system under the System Mappings tab. Now, click on Download XML Copy button

Cheers,

Yogesh

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SJ,

I have posted step by step instructions.

-Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Yogesh! I copied stack.xml from sandbox and uploaded. Afterwards, When I try to put target system SID and hit execute it comes back with the same error.

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please paste error here ?

-Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Yogesh!

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Johan_sapbasis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Safest way is to make sure that you create XML for each system, after doing the homework of ensuring that you LMDB/SLD details for the systems are relevant and consistent.

To my knowledge editing the XML files is an option but should something go wrong not supported by SAP.

Your decision to make.

Kind Regards,

Johan

ps: I find the xml for each system to be a good practice then I ensure that my landscape is up to date I rather do more prep work and avoid issue during the upgrade/patching processes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What's SAP's recommendation? If we generate xml every time we need to copy patches again. Our patches across the landscape is same.

Johan_sapbasis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Confirm your component levels in your landscape is valid then use this.

1600302 - MOpz: Copy stack xml with a report

Kind Regards,

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SJ,

Every comment below is valid but you need to make sure your all system have same patch lever for all software components in order to use same XML file

Cheers,

Yogesh

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You can use an XML editor to replace the hostname, SID details of the previous system with the system to be updated.

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi S J,

Besides what Craig mentioned, you can also directly change the hostname and SID for your next system to be updated in .XML file to reuse it.

Regards,

Ning