cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IBP Supply Planning in SOP SAP2

Former Member

Hi, experts. i am new in IBP. Could someone help me to use SAP Supply Planning in SAP2 planning area? i would like to run the heurstic method for one manufacture and see an overload capacity in the planning view for a simple scenario:

1 - Product

1 - Resource

1 - Location

What is the master data and keyfigures envolved required to do it? Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anamika_mudgal
Participant

Hello Fabio,

You can copy SAP2 planning area for running the heuristic method. Or  for more simplify way  you can use these compound master data --->  location product, source production, resource location.

And use Input  Keyfigures  --->Independent demand@ product location

--->Capacity supply @ resource location

And Capacity consumption

Use Output keyfigures --- >  Production keyfigure  and Capacity usage.

Now, you can run the heuristic method.

Thanks,

Ana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , sorry the delay.

i´ve performed these steps, but i would like to know where is this keyfigure "Independent demand", where could i see in the technical side this link to run the supply planning? We have some keyfigures about demand in the SAP2

Thanks!

Fábio Matias

0 Kudos

This is the Key Figure Indepenendent in SAP4 model used for supply planning. 

Not sure if it exists in SAP2 model.

INDEPENDENTDEMAND

Independent Demand

Product - Location

I

Demand for a location product that is not derived from/is not dependent on either a customer demand or the net demand of a ship-to location.

anamika_mudgal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Fabio,

You can find independent demand keyfigure in SAP4 model.

Thanks,

Ana

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Fabio,

Even if the KF is not available in SAP2, you can create and configure it as in SAP4. Make sure to use the same technical name, planning level and mark it as Input for Supply Planning.

Cheers

Alecsandra

Former Member

Hi, i am performing an unconstrained Planning for Supply SAP2 like bellow, but the material "14130209" does not load into the resource "T011".

if i am correct the calc needs to be for the Bucket Jul/2016:

A - 0.000445(Weight per part in Ton) * 8,000,000(Consensus Demand Plan Qty) = 3560 (Ton loaded into resource)

B - 3560 / 2300(Available Capacity)  = 158% Capacity Load

this is the process flow:

These are all parameter envolved for product 14130209 ,customer 1046141, Location T011, Resource T011 EXTRUSAO,

the Supply Planning Heuristic log show me

Thanks!

Fábio Matias

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio,

I see some inconsistency in how you defined Production Source Header in correlation with Production Source Item entries.

Production Source Header should contain FG, intermediate products etc while in Production Source Item we have components. The link between these 2 is given by SOURCE_ID.

The "Product ID" column from Production Source Item should have the ID of the component, and not of the FG. The Source ID must be taken from Production Source Header.

So in you case, assuming there is a component 14130209_C1 you should have it maintained like this:

PRODUCT ID:14130209_C1

SOURCE ID: TO11_14130209 (same as in Prod Source Header)

Comp Coeff: 1 (if you want it to be non time dependent, value taken from this master data entry)

Source Item ID: 10

Moreover, only entries with Source Type defined as "P" = production will load resources, so you should correct this entry.Having U will never propagate demand to the resource.

Regards

Alecsandra

Former Member

Hi, i´ve performed as you mentioned and it helped me a lot to understand the concept.

The resource T011 (extrusao) still not loading, but even the resource configured by SAP in SAP2 has been not loading too, as i can share the capacity load has been loaded for particular buckets "Jul" and "Oct". Is there some configuration that i need to extend for all buckets?

i am running the supply planning and it shown me a log msg:

"Warning SCMPLAN 8010 No location source found for location T011 and product 14130209_C1"

i attached my Master data too.

Thanks a lot

Fábio Matias

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio,

Could you try and maintain also the Location Source? If your demand goes directly to the mfg location you can have both Loc Id and Ship from Loc Id pointing to T011. Just maintain the ratio as 1.

Rgds

Alecsandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, i´ve performed as mentioned and it shown me an error in the supply planning log

"Invalid location source for product 14130209_C1: location T011 and ship-from location T011 are equal"

if i change to any other "ship-from id" it runs, but it sounds strange becasue all Consensus Demand Plan Qty is Constrained.

I´ve attached the keyfigures input and output of supply planning. its sound no productive, what i need to check in the master data to confirm that my resource, product, components e etc are checked/available as productive?

Thanks!!!!

Fábio Matias

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio,

The constrained qty reflects what can be supplied by the network. In you case, as you run unconstrained heursitcs, the constraints are not propagated upstream, so the constrained qty is equal with consensus unless you adjust the solution  (e.g: using Adjusted Key Figures).     

Regards

Alecsandra  

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I would recommend below note to you as it contains many helpful documents that will give you a detailed understanding of the supply algorithms. Check for example 03 Operator KeyFigures and you will find the definition of every single key figure and "behavior" depending on the algorithm,.

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2238074

Answers (0)