cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration Management Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on Configuration Management of my application and created a sub-configuration called 'data' under 'appcfg' of my application. When I try to access this sub-configuration, it is pointing to sub-configuration 'data' under tcwddispwda/appcfg. I am following the guidelines from the below link for implementation.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0d/7fcb4974874767be388007bf9e5c2a/content.htm

So can you guys give me some clues to point to my application instead of dispwda.

here is my application-j2ee-engine.xml file content

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<application-j2ee-engine>

<provider-name>abc.com</provider-name>

<modules-additional>

<module>

<entry-name>abc.com~ConfTest.wda</entry-name>

<container-type>webdynpro</container-type>

</module>

</modules-additional>

<reference reference-type="hard">

<reference-target provider-name="sap.com" target-type="service">configuration</reference-target>

</reference>

</application-j2ee-engine>

and here is my code snippet

Context ctx = new InitialContext();

ApplicationConfigHandlerFactory appCnfFactory = (ApplicationConfigHandlerFactory)ctx.lookup("ApplicationConfiguration");

ApplicationConfigurationHandler configHandler = appCnfFactory.getApplicationConfigurationHandler();

Configuration data = configHandler.openSubConfiguration("data", ConfigurationHandler.READ_ACCESS);

try{

String myName = (String)data.getConfigEntry("myName");

wdContext.currentContextElement().setName(myName);

}catch(InconsistentReadException ire){

data.close();

}finally{

data.close();

}

Awaiting a reply soon. Thanks.

Kidi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atlast solved on my own.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same exact problem. I can see 4 different applications on the Hashmap of ApplicationConfigurationHandler object when I debug but it gets assigned to a different application when I execute the following line and it throws exception

Configuration data = cfgHandler.openSubConfiguration("SiebelConfig", 0);

Can you please let me know how you resolved the issue.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I really wonder nobody come across this situation so far in this SDN. I am eagerly waiting for the answer.